Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3sigma recommendations?

shanecgriffo

i wanted to buy another pack of 3sigma Ir's .. i bought the suhr pack which is very nice and i have the ownhammer free mesa set . i play bluesy mild dirty and maybe some 70's stones sort of vibe. so after something that might suit thise sort of sounds .. any recommendations as there are a few to chose from , just from listening i liked the beefiness of the buddah cab so far.

I've tried various companies, but still prefer this for warm fatness. My taste is Blues->HeavyRock. I play in a band covering Elvis->BrunoMars (Inc Stones, ACDC, GnR, and pretty much any party music).

I favour the M75 speaker with the AKG414. To me sounds the most cab in the room i've found. It has a lot of beef and does need a fair bit of low cut, but good to have more than enough.

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=164

friedman even for not heavy sounds?

thanks for the input so far everyone.. i actually got just the sound i love, loading a suhr IR into the cab of a preset i got from glenn delaune (srv preset in the artists set) and it sounds really sweet.. i'll still be looking at another impulse set (or 3 :) I do think the ones i tried so far have an edge over the internal cabs

The Orange PPC 4x12 is nice. It has a unique woody quality to it that I don't hear on any of the other 4x12s. But honestly, I don't really hear anything too much from most of the 3sigma IRs, or other IRs, that the built-in cabs can't reproduce. Some IRs might be a little fuller and smoother than Helix's cabs, but nothing that says night and day.

i just compared the suhr and buddah IR's on the same preset and they sound so close alike they could be the same amp, so that may have been a bit of a waste..

Yes in regards to internal vs IR's.. in most cases i find the IR's a little more lively and sweeter but in a few cases with an overdrive (minotour) in front, i've prefered the internal cabs.

The 3 sigma IR s sound great but I also think the built in  I R s in the Helix are great as well ,  a lot of different ways of getting great sound by using different mic s and distance from the cab a long with all the effects  eq and dynamic pedals there are so many combinations available...