Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Automatically Switch To Stomp Mode

MelThorpe

Is there a way to set the Helix so that when you select a preset it switch to stomp mode automatically? It's slightly annoying when I am going to the next song for example, I select the preset and then have to click the mode button to get to my stomps. I have to step twice for each change. 

Thanks,

--Mike

If you're in Stomp Mode and hit one of the bank switches, it will bring up the preset view, and as soon as you select a preset, it will go back to stomp mode. Of course, this only work if you have the Stomp Mode Switches setting under Global Settings > Footswitches set to 8 Switches.

That's the disadvantage of 10 Stomps view. The Up/Down switches are disabled so you have to use the Mode switch to change presets, then use it again to get back to 10 Stomps. You are trading off the extra two stomp switches for the extra tap in preset switching.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I knew switching to 10 stomp was going to do that, but I was hoping that I could possibly program the preset footswitch to automatically "press" the mode switch so to speak when selecting a preset.

Or if there was a global option for switching to edit mod when selecting a preset.

Why is that inherently the way it is? Just because the up and down switches aren't there shouldn't mean you don't want auto-return to stomp mode. Am I missing something, or is this just a current limitation that will hopefully be removed in the future?

Why is that inherently the way it is? Just because the up and down switches aren't there shouldn't mean you don't want auto-return to stomp mode. Am I missing something, or is this just a current limitation that will hopefully be removed in the future?

I'm sure it would be possible from a programming perspective. I think the only challenge in all of these discussions is coming up with a way to represent all these options in a way that is still understandable and straightforward. It seems when you start down the road of having modes with modes, things could get a little tricky. I think Line 6 is open to considering all suggestions for making the overall experience better, though.

Is there a way to set the Helix so that when you select a preset it switch to stomp mode automatically? It's slightly annoying when I am going to the next song for example, I select the preset and then have to click the mode button to get to my stomps. I have to step twice for each change. 

Thanks,

--Mike

I had this thought too. Maybe in future firmversions they could implement this and store the state with the patch. Then it would automatically change to the mode on which the patch was saved.