Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Factory Reset Problem - Alternate Tunings On Jtv-89

Has anyone done a factory reset for restoration of all default alternate tunings?  I tried according to the online manual to no avail.  The manual seems to target the 59 & 69 models. Nothing lights up when holding in the model knob and plugging in the cable as directed.  I tried this twice, once with the power supply kit as well as with a battery.

I manually saved all of the default settings by selecting them, then using the right arrow to copy them to the User Alt Tuning Presets column.  Any custom made tunings show up at the bottom of the list which makes it easier to identify the defaults.  

It's a matter of click/shift click all of the default presets, then hit the left arrow to restore them to the JTV Alt Tuning Presets column.

Is this what you're referring to?  It should work the same for your JTV-89.

I manually saved all of the default settings by selecting them, then using the right arrow to copy them to the User Alt Tuning Presets column.  Any custom made tunings show up at the bottom of the list which makes it easier to identify the defaults.  

It's a matter of click/shift click all of the default presets, then hit the left arrow to restore them to the JTV Alt Tuning Presets column.

Is this what you're referring to?  It should work the same for your JTV-89.

Are you talking about Workbench HD?  I just followed the instruction manual for resetting the default factory tunings through the guitar itself.  See the attachment to this post.

post-315099-0-74445000-1377205975_thumb.jpg

Are you talking about Workbench HD?  I just followed the instruction manual for resetting the default factory tunings through the guitar itself.  See the attachment to this post.

Yes, I was.

I'm just getting around to revisiting the details partially sparked by the v2 firmware upgrade and the new Workbench HD.

If for some reason the manual reset on the guitar itself doesn't work, it's actually pretty easy to accomplish with a few mouse clicks in Workbench.

I'll check out the manual procedure and post my results tomorrow.

Hope you get this figured out. 

Yes, I was.

I'm just getting around to revisiting the details partially sparked by the v2 firmware upgrade and the new Workbench HD.

If for some reason the manual reset on the guitar itself doesn't work, it's actually pretty easy to accomplish with a few mouse clicks in Workbench.

I'll check out the manual procedure and post my results tomorrow.

Hope you get this figured out. 

Thanks much!

Are you talking about Workbench HD? I just followed the instruction manual for resetting the default factory tunings through the guitar itself. See the attachment to this post.

The procedure as written didn't seem to work here with my Korean JTV-59.

Only the Guitar Model Selector LED flashed red when inserting a 1/4 cable (the TRS connected to the power supply).

After rotating the Alt Tuning knob to another position, then to MODEL, and finally holding down the

Guitar Model Selector knob again, both knobs alternated flashing…endlessly (and not 3 times). Default tunings were not restored.

Strange.

At this point, the Workbench approach works good enough.

Only the Guitar Model Selector LED flashed red when inserting a 1/4 cable (TRS connected to the power supply). The flashing red was barely perceptible when looking down at the small exposed area of the knob post.

After rotating the Alt Tuning knob to another position, then to MODEL, and finally holding down the 

Guitar Model Selector knob again, both knobs alternated flashing…endlessly (and not 3 times).  Default tunings were not restored.

Strange.

Only the Guitar Model Selector LED flashed red when inserting a 1/4 cable (TRS connected to the power supply). The flashing red was barely perceptible when looking down at the small exposed area of the knob post.

Guitar Model Selector knob again, both knobs alternated flashing…endlessly (and not 3 times).  Default tunings were not restored.

Strange.

Thanks for checking!

Has anyone else tried to reset the factory settings of alt tuning exclusively via the guitar?  I may need to do a ticket.

I have a JTV-59 Korea and tried to do a factory reset this morning. It was unsucessful. Plugged in cable while hoilding Model knob down (for at least 20 seconds), but the lights never lit. Before I did the 2.0 upgrade, It worked fine.

Tonight I'm going to try and flash down to 1.9 and back up again. Since 2.0, the Spank model has so much less output that it isn't usable. I'm thinking something might have gotten lost in the update to 2.0.

• 1 year later...