Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport UX2 won't work!!

I bought my Toneport UX2 about 10 years ago and love it. I have just bought a new computer with Windows10 and have installed everything. It should be fine but every time I try to select a tone I get the message 'hardware service unavailable'.

Can anyone help???

• 2 weeks later...

when I went to 10 I had a few glitches on the UX8.

I had to deselect the stock audio card again...disable it.

the reboot a time or two and I ran the Line 6 Monkey to make sure the drivers are all up to date.

I also had to set the Windows Soundcard stuff up again and set it to 24/48, as 10 had changed it to 24/96 and no sound was heard etc..

Its been on now without issues for a few days. Unforunately WIndows 10 will Update as it pleases and this is a bad thing because Windows will update drivers sometimes for the general public and mess up the "audio specific stuff" that we recording heads do. 

BUt its a fairly small effort to reset it and I have a feeling we will be forced to become experts at it.