Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Compressor with Pod XT Pro

Hi... I have a stomp box compressor that I like and want to use it with my Pod XT Pro instead of the built in comp effect.  Is it ok to run the stomp box into the effects loop in the back of the Pod?  How would I wire this?

Thanks for the help.

Hey my man, its been a while since I fired up the XT but you could try it right in the front. I usually run a comp fairly early in the chain if not first.

FX loops are pretty straight forward as you know but the XTs are only so flexible. Fire up Gearbox and see where the two positions would put it if you use the loop.

The manual had pretty decent explaination IIRC.

-B

Hey Bill... thanks.  The way my rack was set up I wanted to run a couple boxes that don't require stomping or fidgeting out of the back and into the Pod, but I'm going to put an open shelf in there with the boxes to I can run them into the front and also carry them with the rack when I need to.  So, basically I'm going to make a couple small changes in my setup so I can take your advice.

As BillBee says, putting in front is your best bet.

The XT Pro's loop is sadly last in the chain (just before the outputs) and as such means you can only really add a 'global' type of effect here (like a global EQ, reverb, delay or master limiter). A guitar compressor in the loop would mean you would be compressing the whole patch, including any reverbs you may have. Not a great sound I think you'll find.

Really the loop wasn't a decent flexible feature until the later models - the XT's is almost useless in my view.