Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Mainstage Looper control via MIDI from Helix

donmr

I use Apple Mainstage as a looper and use a Line 6 FBV2 to control the various functions of the Mainstage looper plugins.

What I would like to do is somehow use the MIDI foot switch capabilities of the Helix in place of the FBV2 and get rid of my FBV2 unit altogether.

It would hopefully be something like hitting the Looper switch on the Helix but instead of the foot switches controlling the Helix internal looper, they would be controlling the Mainstage loopers via MIDI.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!!

You can assign regular footswitches to control an external looper but unfortunately you can't do it with the looper specific page yet. Lots of people have requested it so hopefully it'll appear at some point.  

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Also just wondering if it would be possible to use a TRS splitter cable into the external Expression pedal jack to connect two more momentary footswitches to control things like loopers via MIDI?