Sign in to follow this  
Smashcraaft

Recording Variax 600 leads to a gap and an overlap in lenght

Hi. When I record my Variax 600 in Cubase 8 AI, it leads to a gap at the beginning (like an enormous latency).

I am using the POD HD500x which is USB-connected to an iMac. If I use a regular guitar everything is correct.

The recording starts right at the beginning and listening to the live-tone and tempo-click everything sounds okay.

But when the recording ends there is a gap of nearly 1 second since the tone starts and it ends with the same (here as an overlap).

Any ideas?

I will try to reproduce this behavior in Audacity later…

EDIT: Don't know how to get rid of latency using Audacity. So, no way to reproduce the problem :(  

Hi. When I record my Variax 600 in Cubase 8 AI, it leads to a gap at the beginning (like an enormous latency).
I am using the POD HD500x which is USB-connected to an iMac. If I use a regular guitar everything is correct.

The recording starts right at the beginning and listening to the live-tone and tempo-click everything sounds okay.
But when the recording ends there is a gap of nearly 1 second since the tone starts and it ends with the same (here as an overlap).

Any ideas?

I will try to reproduce this behavior in Audacity later…
EDIT: Don't know how to get rid of latency using Audacity. So, no way to reproduce the problem :(  

SO firstly are you using the HD500 as the soundcard?

I guess it must be annoying, but if there's no problem with latency during recording, couldn't you simply move the file once recorded, into it's correct position?

• Upvote 1

SO firstly are you using the HD500 as the soundcard?

I guess it must be annoying, but if there's no problem with latency during recording, couldn't you simply move the file once recorded, into it's correct position?

Yes, I am using the HD500x as the soundcard and the problem only occoures using the Variax. The recording of my Ibanez is 100 % right in time, although it is recorded also using the HD500x. Moving files into position is of course possible, but nothing I want to do until the rest of my days  ;)

I don't know what exactly was the failure but today it worked.

I strongly suspect an inpropper USB-connection because the last time I had some sync issues with HD Edit too.

At the same time I reconnected all real and digital in- and outputs, so those could have been also the reason.

Thank you for your time, eenymason

I habe voted you +1

The gap appeared again but I was able to fix the problem. After choosing a patch with a lot of fx-blocks I had to switch the ASIO-device to "None" on my Mac, running Cubase 8 (and then switch back again to the HD500x ASIO) to get rid of the recording-delay. Seems to be an ASIO/USB issue.

Solved B)

• Upvote 1