Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

There is no select device on my line 6 firehawk fx updater

edwardslamet

Hi all,

Greetings, my name is edward. I am new and recently i just buying firehawk fx. Since i am newbie to the line 6 product, i dont know how to upgrade the firmware. My firehawk coming from version 01.00, and cannot connect via bluetooth. So i follow all the instruction from "Here is how to update the Firehawk FX step by step:" line 6 community link. I follow the procedures step by step. Everything just fine till the line 6 updater i have already install cannot show "select device to update". There are no selection, the page is all black with only the text "select device to update" and also the header "account-sign out" and "about", other that, i cannot go through. I have already register the product, but after i sign in to line 6 updater, is it because of that thing? And still not listing what to select on "select device to update". Please help me what should i do with this problem. Thanks a lot.

• Upvote 1

Hi ric, i think the USB driver has already installed on my PC, because i usually use flash disc through USB port in my PC, and also when i plugged my firehawk fx to the PC, it responed to the action, sounds like when flash disc plugged to the PC "ding" kind like that.

Or is it because of the USB cable i used, is different connect with the firehawk fx? Since, i dont get the USB cable when 1st time i bought, so now i am using USB cable for hp printer, but the excatly same with the USB port in FHFX, it fitted.

• Upvote 1

Unless you specifically downloaded it from the Line6 website, I doubt it is installed on your machine. Go to Line6/Support/Downloads and select Firehawk FX under the pull down menu for product, select drivers under the software pull down and pick the right OS for your PC. Download the file and install it. After doing this and connecting via USB cable, your Firehawk should appear in the list under devices in the Line6 Updater app.

Unless you specifically downloaded it from the Line6 website, I doubt it is installed on your machine. Go to Line6/Support/Downloads and select Firehawk FX under the pull down menu for product, select drivers under the software pull down and pick the right OS for your PC. Download the file and install it. After doing this and connecting via USB cable, your Firehawk should appear in the list under devices in the Line6 Updater app.

hmmmm.. i did the process through the procedure in here

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/firehawk/updating-the-firehawk-fx-via-usb-on-a-windows-o-r738

i think i did the same what the instructor mention there, from the 1st point till 17th point. choose the firehawk fx, and same OS. install the line 6 driver and then install the line 6 updater, do not connect firehawk 1st and connect firehawk now,  and so on. Everything i did the same maybe for 3rd times, but ended with no "select device to update". well maybe i will do your suggest ric, thank you so much for your support.

• 3 years later...

Did you ever get this fixed.  Im having same issue.  But can't seem to find anyone that actually got it working.  I've done everything I evreyone says to do. And there's no help anywhere beyond "just install the driver update". But that's the point we have we run it just like the instructions and still a blank screen no fire hawk listed in the update program. Wth?

• 1 month later...