Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedals to supplement your Helix

WhitzEnd00

Hey Everyone,

I love my helix and especially love that it gave me some options to supplement it with external pedals.  I couldnt live without my POG2.  Ive gotten the helix to approximate a Micro POG but at the cost of a lot of DSP.  Id rather have the DSP for other things at the core of my tone. 

I want to know a few things about how you are using the helix with external pedals

I want to know:

• What pedals are you using with the helix and how are you using them?
  • What external pedals could you not live without?
  • If you could have any pedal alongside your helix, what would it be?

I want to know a few things.

I have a Helix and I have an H9 Max. The two play very well together and I can get some amazingly deep sounds with this combo. The pitch effects on the H9 are great as are the reverbs and delays. When you pair the best capabilities of both together, you will achieve KILLER sounds.

• Upvote 2

I have a Helix and I have an H9 Max. The two play very well together and I can get some amazingly deep sounds with this combo. The pitch effects on the H9 are great as are the reverbs and delays. When you pair the best capabilities of both together, you will achieve KILLER sounds.

I was considering the H9.  Havent ever played much with the eventide stuff but everyone in know loves them

• Upvote 1

I've been using the Helix since it was released and am loving it, especially since the 2.0 update. The only external pedal I use is a CAE MC-404 wah. The onboard wahs are great but the CAE has a pretty unique sound and plays well with the Helix.

I'm currently using it with a Roland GR-55 going into return 3+4 (and GR's guitar output into Helix's aux input)
In that setup, I'm more than covered for rotary sounds, but there's this other gig for which I might want to use the Korg G4.

I currently have the helix rack hooked up to an effects gizmo, from there I have the strymon timeline, big sky, and Mobius, a bass specific fuzz, a synth, a bass distortion, and soon to have a bass preamp, in no particular order that I can run anywhere I want.

Its nice to have this because I can run all four paths independently from each other, one being vocals, and if the guitarists amp craps out on a gig, with the strymons covering the more DSP intensive effects, I could easily add an extra amp in for them too

I'm a guitarist who started playing bass for a band and have become much more of a bassist than guitarist, though I hope to have an end all rig for both with this. Currently most the effects are guitar driven, which is understandable, and I am stoked that they have what they already have for bass, but I hope they show the low enders some more love eventually too.

i am using my helix with the H9 MAX, electro-harmonix Epitome, and digitech Trio plus. i love the extra effects of the H9, i agree that they compliment each other good. the epitome i use mostly for the reverb and the micro pog on most of my worship presets. and the Trio gives me a band when i am practicing alone...love it all.

I have kept my H9 Max and BigSky. And I'm about to buy me a Sub'n'Up, I tried it out and it's almost as good as the POG2 I sold, but with the added option of tone print editing with eq drive and modulation. 

I also use a Source Audio Reflex, which is an exp pedal that can also send MIDI and synced LFOs. I can modulate any parameter of the other pedals as it has 3 MIDI outputs and 3 analog ones..

I'm going to be using these: Korg SDD-3000 pedal, H9 Max, Sobbat SD-1, Arc Effects Shephard, 3Leaf Audio Wonderlove Deluxe and Korg A3. Not all of these will be in the loops initially, I may eventually get an Effects Gizmo to solve that though. I might add my BeatBuddy too.

I have a pair of H9s (Max and Core), but for the immediate future I'm focusing on learning what the Helix can do without any external effects.  Eventually the H9s will both be implemented, mainly to free up the processors for running multiple amps and cabs.