Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

T5z

BigRalphN

It seems like I am the only person that uses a Taylor T5z with the Helix. No one else seemed to use one or at least talk about it. Ijust was not happy with the acoustic stuff I found. Nothing really did it fir me when using the body sensors on the T5z, which I believe is the same as the Taylor Expression System. Taylor IRs that I found made it sound ok, but more like a simulator. Direct, with some EQ, the T5z sounds pretty darned decent so I knew something would sound good. So I came up with this. It is simple and basically the same as many others but the free IRS included really seemed to do well. It still needs tweaking but here us a link. The T5z sounds great as an electric, but almost any can be used there ( especially Nugent presets). I have not tried it with an other acoustic or as a simulator (not what that would do). If you try it kept us know. The IRS were free.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Tn5roJmjmQU1g5UlBRc3ROTk0

• Upvote 1

T5 user here.  I use the the T5 and Helix heavily for gigging in an acoustic (and electric) duo.  I will definitely give your preset a shot.  My setup is odd, but works pretty well.  Can't remember the exact settings off the top of my head, but I believe it is actually a fender amp without a cabinet attached - set very clean.  I duplicated it from an old HD500 patch I used for years.

• Upvote 1

T5 user here.  I use the the T5 and Helix heavily for gigging in an acoustic (and electric) duo.  I will definitely give your preset a shot.  My setup is odd, but works pretty well.  Can't remember the exact settings off the top of my head, but I believe it is actually a fender amp without a cabinet attached - set very clean.  I duplicated it from an old HD500 patch I used for years.

This one is basically a tube preamp to warm it up with a little compression and reverb. The IRs are what made it work here. I am sure the setup is makes a huge difference fir acoustic settings. Plus the T5z is a little thinner sounding than the larger T5.

• 3 months later...

I just got a T5z and I haven't gotten a good acoustic sound from the helix. The hd500x had a great acoustic amp in it. I have a crate ca60 from the 90's that just sings with the Taylor expression system. I'll give your settings a try and share my thoughts.