Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem FW2.01

joguitar

As I understood so far, after re-importing the own (old) presets, one should update these with  FS 10 &11 while powering on:

http://www.helixhelp.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ResetOptions

This is not what the firmware notes say.  They specify to reset using FS 9 & 10 while powering on and then to reload your saved presets. Are you saying you should do an additional FS 10&11 reset after having done the FS 9&10 reset and loading your old presets?  Can anyone from L6 confirm this?

I don't have any problems after the 9 & 10 thing, then reloading backed-up presets without manually rebuilding them. I don't think the 10 & 11 combo needs to be done because I've noticed after importing presets from the previous firmware, then shutting the device off, the next time it's turned on it rebuilds these automatically anyway.

I see this only as an option and that worked for me updating to 2.0 when Helix started to rebuild hundreds of preset erverytime I switched it on. I  did the same this time right after resetting my globals and importing my presets, and at least it did no harm. I don't think it's a "must do" , but obviously it can help in certain situations.