Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My computer(s) can't open the firmware 2.01 update file.

miurajef

I have an older computer that runs on Windows 7, which I use  for all my music stuff. After I downloaded the firmware 2.01, I got a message the computer couldn't open it, because of the extension. Same problem occurs with my new computer which has Windows 10.
I have already installed  the new editor (which doesn't accept the old firmware, I stll have 1.10), and I've done the preset and global settings reset, as prescribed, so in order to reinstall my old presets I will have to install the old editor again, unless someone can help me.

Well, you shouldn't have to open the firmware file itself. You actually shouldn't even need to manually download it at all. You just need to run the latest version of Line 6 Updater with the Helix connected, and the Helix should show up, and once you click on it, you'll be guided through the update process. The Line 6 Updater is a totally different application than the Helix editor.

Well, you shouldn't have to open the firmware file itself. You actually shouldn't even need to manually download it at all. You just need to run the latest version of Line 6 Updater with the Helix connected, and the Helix should show up, and once you click on it, you'll be guided through the update process. The Line 6 Updater is a totally different application than the Helix editor.

Needless to say i'm not exactly a computer whizz :) But when I click on 'Get Download' on that particular firmware 2.01 page, that file is the only thing I get.  I will try it the way you said, and let you know.

Sorry, there was a type in my first response that I corrected... I mistakenly typed "you should have to" when I meant to say, "you shouldn't have to"...

The firmware file itself is just the flash image that the updater sends to the Helix. It doesn't contain anything that you need to open with your computer.

Hey Phil...Is there really any reason to update to the latest, if im having no problems with 2.0?

There must be something wrong.  When I click on the 'Line 6 Updater' icon, I am asked to sign in, when I do so I get a black screen with the message 'select device to update', and that's it, nothing else. The Helix is  connected and switched on, my computer detects it as a connected device.

There must be something wrong.  When I click on the 'Line 6 Updater' icon, I am asked to sign in, when I do so I get a black screen with the message 'select device to update', and that's it, nothing else. The Helix is  connected and switched on, my computer detects it as a connected device.

Have you installed the Helix drivers yet? If not, you should do that. If you install the Helix application, the download includes the latest drivers as well.

Ok, I have installed updater version 1.09, and that did the trick. The Helix's firmware is updated :) I even managed to reinstall my setlist. After that the Helix icon (the dark grey one) suddenly disappeared from my screen. After running Helix 2.01 Installer again,  I now get 'incorrect parameter' when I click it. That's the only issue I"m having right now.

I have reinstalled v. 2.01 a dozen times. Either I get a white helix icon, which doesn't work, or I get the dark grey one which doesn't work either and disappears shortly after. 

It would probably be worth uninstalling the old editor first before trying to install the new one.

It would probably be worth uninstalling the old editor first before trying to install the new one.

I did that, but he problem keeps occuring, when I click the (grey) Helix icon after installing 2.01 my computer says ' wrong parameter' (translated from Dutch).