Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What kind of power supply does the Pod HD500X needs to work?

Giorgos02

Hey guys,

I want to try using my Pod HD500X with some pedals for a couple of weeks so I can test its' effects. 

So I am searching for a single unit that will be able to supply with power my Pod HD and 2-3 more pedals.

And at the same time it will have isolated outputs so that I won't get any ground loop noise any more. 

I need to find something that it is not too expensive, so I was looking at this: http://www.t-rex-effects.com/fueltank-classic/

But I am not sure if it will work for my Pod HD

What kind of power supply does the Pod HD500X needs to work????

(I am not familiar with the terms, so excuse my mistakes.)

Thanks in advance!

You'll need a power supply that puts out 9V DC, 3 amps (3000ma). The HD500X pulls a great deal more that your standard flanger pedal (typically 500ma)... so finding one that is up to the challenge AND can handle pedals on top might be tough.

No that won't work. As cclement said, not enough amps. Also the specs for the DC plug that are on the Line 6 website are WRONG!!!! I spent $20 finding this out the hard way. Here's what I posted in another thread.

WARNING:WARNING. I know according to the specs the "hole" on the connector is 2.1mm but this is WRONG!!!. 2.1mm is too small. I wasted $20 finding this out. The correct measurment is 2.5mm not 2.1mm. I was trying to get an elbow adapter for the 500 and the 2.1 didn't work. The specific measurements were. 5.5 X 2.5. This is what I got.

BiXPower LC53 Right Angle Connector Converter for 5.5 x 2.5mm DC Power Connector

This size worked. I don't know why their measurements are so off.

You'll need a power supply that puts out 9V DC, 3 amps (3000ma). The HD500X pulls a great deal more that your standard flanger pedal (typically 500ma)... so finding one that is up to the challenge AND can handle pedals on top might be tough.

No that won't work. As cclement said, not enough amps. Also the specs for the DC plug that are on the Line 6 website are WRONG!!!! I spent $20 finding this out the hard way. Here's what I posted in another thread.

WARNING:WARNING. I know according to the specs the "hole" on the connector is 2.1mm but this is WRONG!!!. 2.1mm is too small. I wasted $20 finding this out. The correct measurment is 2.5mm not 2.1mm. I was trying to get an elbow adapter for the 500 and the 2.1 didn't work. The specific measurements were. 5.5 X 2.5. This is what I got.

BiXPower LC53 Right Angle Connector Converter for 5.5 x 2.5mm DC Power Connector

This size worked. I don't know why their measurements are so off.

This thread may provide some insight as I had the same question a couple of months back.

http://line6.com/support/topic/19997-anybody-using-any-one-spot-products-with-their-hd500x/page-1?do=findComment&comment=150788

Thank you everyone for your responses! Can any of you suggest a unit that would work with the Pod HD500X and 2-3 more pedals?

Well, the ONE Spot and its associated adapters has been working for me using the HD500X and some additional pedals.

I got the polarity inverter based on the feedback/counsel from TruTone, and it's a perfect fit.

Not sure about any right angle adapters though.