Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2,0 , More Treble

someone also noted that the new models became more treble? yesterday in my second gig with the 2.0 and I noticed that all my drives in the pod, which are the same that I used with 1.9, are much treble, I have to adjust all over again, mainly lester 1, which is what most use to drives

Strat appears to be one of the only ones who have less treble

It must be based on individual setups (effects/amp) as well as the modeled setting. To me, the Fender models have even LESS treble/bark than they had before with 1.9 firmware.

Through my axe-fx marshall presets the strat in V2 is fizz city while v1.9 was just right. Same with 335 in dumble preset.

I thought it was just me, but I hear no fizz, but something almost like an envelope phaser going on even with no effects enabled for the Strat settings.

I thought it was just me, but I hear no fizz, but something almost like an envelope phaser going on even with no effects enabled for the Strat settings.

It's weird in the high end when the amp has high gain going. No problem with clean amp setting here. I find clean sounds much easier to eq. I still suspect it's the fact that it's more scooped sounding which it bring out the fizz for me. 

someone also noted that the new models became more treble? yesterday in my second gig with the 2.0 and I noticed that all my drives in the pod, which are the same that I used with 1.9, are much treble, I have to adjust all over again, mainly lester 1, which is what most use to drives

I noticed the same thing when I recorded dry samples and used the same POD Farm preset on both for comparison.  I had to dial back the treble on the 2.0 software.  

To me though the new models sound way better and are way more dynamic.  The old models sound dull in comparison.  It didn't really take much to adjusts my HD500 patches to account for the increase in high end.