Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Still having issues with seperate outputs/effects

richardantonelli

Posted at the gear page also, I know some of you guys are there too...

To try to make this simple, and this goes based on my previous thread....

I need to have an XLR out and a 1/4" out and be able to control the volumes independently.

The only way I can think of is to use a Y split and then add gain blocks before the outs so I can adjust each volume. That works!

However, since I have a bunch of fx, 3 fx blocks are on the bottom path (the 1/4" out path) and since it's a Y split, the XLR is NOT getting these effects.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?? Here is a screenshot of what I have and I will upload the preset/snapshots to custom tone...the preset is called Rich-Live_01

I'm meeting with my band's sound guy tomorrow am and really have to get this sorted before then. I though it was working yesterday as I had fx and the 2 outs but I must have been mistaken. The reverb, delay and pitch on the bottom line work fine through the 1/4" outs but the XLR out is DRY.

Thanks in advance.

post-1230929-0-86144500-1469141108_thumb.png

Are you using all 4 FX sends?

If not maybe you can use one of those as your 1/4 in output to your stage amp.

Then you can just put a SEND block just before the XLR output.   That way you don't have to use Path 2B just to get to the 1/4in outs, and you can use it for parallel FX or whatever.

Are you using all 4 FX sends?

If not maybe you can use one of those as your 1/4 in output to your stage amp.

Then you can just put a SEND block just before the XLR output.   That way you don't have to use Path 2B just to get to the 1/4in outs, and you can use it for parallel FX or whatever.

Right now I'm only using 1 send for my amplifire. I'm just not sure how to set it up correctly. Just got the helix last week and still learning.

You don't need to add gain blocks before the outs..  if you select the XLR or 1/4 output you can assign controllers to their level directly.

I've taken the gain blocks out (that was a suggestion from someone else). Every time I try to add a send block, I get massive squealing and feedback...

I've taken the gain blocks out (that was a suggestion from someone else). Every time I try to add a send block, I get massive squealing and feedback...

What are you connecting to via the 1/4" or sends? A guitar amp? It sounds like perhaps you have the output level for the send set to line when it should be set to instrument.

Do you play in snapshot or stomp mode ? I found in snapshots you don't use script mod phase, flager and scream 808 in 1a ? They are "off" in all snapshots, so why not delete them + delete the gain blocks - you can achieve raising the volume via the lead snapshot by pumping up the volume in other blocks. If you don't use the looper, you have another slot free - so just rearrange the "line up" and you shpould have every block before the split.