Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I noticed people selling 500X patches.

jpjr50

When I was in the market for a 500X I noticed on Reverb people selling patches for $10.

What's this all about?  How do you get the patches?

Guess I'm just confused.  I'm not buying them just wanted know if this legit.

It's all legit but buyer beware. Some offerings are excellent and well worth the money, especially those from Glenn DeLaune (google him). These are also very reasonably priced.

But some offerings are nothing more than a compilation and bundling of tones that you can download yourself, individually, from Customtone. These, imo, are not worth much.

Do some investigation about the source of the patches before you buy anything.

• Upvote 1

Or just learn to use the thing and create them yourself...what you hear in the demo video is NEVER going to sound identical on your end anyway. It's basically impossible. Far too many variables. So if you're gonna have to tweak anyway, might as well save your money...

I'm fine making my own patches because I know what I want the tone to be.

I'm not even 24 hours with it, I'm still such a noob I wouldn't even know what to do if someone sent me patches anyway.

I made about 8 patches that I love.  I need to make more clean ones.

I totally agree!

Loads of it online and people actually PAY for them!!  Can not believe!  Pointless to buy the patch from a bloke who uses $3000 guitar and $1500 monitors cos no matter what you think it will never sound like this with your own set up!   :)    But yes it's funny how people think "OH!!!  I GOT THIS PATCH NOW AND I WILL SOUND LIKE A GOD!!!"  Don't work like this !  Don't waste your money guys just practice and actually learn how to create a decent sound of your own ! 

And most importantly !-Stop wasting your time looking for the right sound and start playing !!!!!   :)  

Respect! 

• Upvote 1

I'm fine making my own patches because I know what I want the tone to be.

I'm not even 24 hours with it, I'm still such a noob I wouldn't even know what to do if someone sent me patches anyway.

I made about 8 patches that I love.  I need to make more clean ones.

And it's dead easy ! 

Download the patch from Line 6 Custom Tone and open the POD HD EDITOR. Then just drag and drop the patch and save on to your Pod HD !!!    JOB DONE !     :)

Respect!

Back when I first got the HD500X, I was really struggling with it to get the tones I was after.  Glenn DeLaune's patches helped me tremendously.  Some of them I used in their stock configuration and some of them I tweaked a little to match my playing style.

The greatest value with Glenn's patches was in deconstructing them and learning a bunch of great techniques for creating my own.

• Upvote 1

I made some patches last night, I got the hang of making them. I'm at 30 patches from clean to metal.

I love have the 500x works so well with my DAW, Reaper. I don't have to do any FX, it records how it sounds.

I'm so glad I bought one of these, this is what I've been looking for. Wish I had bought it a year ago, I'd be upgrading to a Helix by now. For now I'm content.

Hey fellow HD500 patch/preset creators.  I was wondering if you could provide your opinion on patches/presets you use live.  Is it better to:

1.) Max out the POD HD500 Physical Master Volume (100%) and keep the software preset channel outputs low

or

2.) Max out (80%+) the software preset channel outputs and keep the Physical Master Volume Lower (say 50%)?

In your experience, which way provides the better tone in "playing out" live situations?

Hey fellow HD500 patch/preset creators.  I was wondering if you could provide your opinion on patches/presets you use live.  Is it better to:

1.) Max out the POD HD500 Physical Master Volume (100%) and keep the software preset channel outputs low

or

2.) Max out (80%+) the software preset channel outputs and keep the Physical Master Volume Lower (say 50%)?

In your experience, which way provides the better tone in "playing out" live situations?

Theoretically it's been said maxing out the Master Volume to 100% cuts down on the noise. I used to set mine at 3 o'clock to give me a little leeway. I now set mine at 12 o'clock (50%) because I build my patches to have a mic level out of the XLR outputs and this gives me enough leeway to get to line level if I need it.

While making presets for every single amp in my Pod, I took the quietest amp (I forget which one), maxed out its' Channel Volume, and used that as my reference for how loud the other amps Channel Volumes are in their own presets. My pods master volume is usually around noon, as well as my Alto TS112a. Plenty loud and plenty headroom

Whatever you do, that is what you always do. 

I, personally, do not max out the MV. 

What I do (short version, because I am tired of typing it all of the time) is - the CD input is not controlled by the MV, so I try to match my MV to the CD volume. 

• Upvote 1

What I do (short version, because I am tired of typing it all of the time) is - the CD input is not controlled by the MV, so I try to match my MV to the CD volume. 

That is an excellent way to adjust your master level after you have created a patch.

That is an excellent way to adjust your master level after you have created a patch.

Well, yeah, that is the catch. You have to have ONE patch made first.    

But you then use it as your baseline to create all of the other patches.