Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible bug with Red Comp

jc_anderton

Hard to reproduce  but sometimes when I engage the Red Comp I hear a pop, sometimes I don't.  Also I have a few presets with just Red Comp-Amp-Cab and with the same settings on the Red Comp it sounds very different on different presets.  Sure this is user error, but can't figure it out

The compressor isn't so much about changing the tone as it is about smoothing things out.  The amp and cab are determining the sound by and large.  Things such as your guitar's volume knobs and such also have some impact on the compressor.  The pop itself could be coming from the guitar and is just accentuated by the compressor.  Try using the default noise gate on your input block and see if that takes the pop out.

the Simple Delay occasionally makes an audible, though not overly loud, pop when engaged. Thought maybe it was the switch, but it does it on other presets where the same effect is mapped to different switches. It's nearly impossible to predictably reproduce, so I've just kinda accepted it.

Pre-Helix, I was a big Amplitube fan. AT's Duncan Power Grid makes this huge pop every time you turn it on. Can't imagine who thought that was OK, even if the real one does that too (no idea).

Tried it with the guitar volume off and it pops 'sometimes'. When playing and activating it sounds as though it's loading with the sensitivity right up and then adjusting itself to the programmed settings

I really not use a compressor to squish country or funk type sounds