Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bugera 333XL ?

Metalal5150

Hi guys !  

I am searching for a fairly priced 212 combo to go with HD500X.

Just wondering if anyone is using it with Bugera 333XL 212 combo  and if yes then please be this kind and drop a few words on how well this sounds together ? Or any suggestions of other combos that sound really well with 500X .

Cheers and Respect !   

With enough tweaking, you should be able to get good tones from anything you pair the 500X with (unless we're talking about a genuine piece of crap). If you plan on only using the models (as opposed to getting your basic tone from the amp itself and using the POD only for FX) and only need the amp for power, it makes even less difference what kind of combo you choose.

You could also try going with an FRFR set-up, but that's a whole other discussion.

I've seen some videos on that 333, sounds pretty sweet. I'd make sure to get the infinium version though, apparently they sorted out a lot of bugeras know reliability issues with that series. Can't say that's a fact but I've heard good things.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Bugera 333XL and a 6260 (with the 4x12 cabs) - the infinium models -. I can say nothing bad about them. they sound very good for the price you pay for it.

And i've been gigging with them for about 3 years now, never ran into any problems.

I also have been using the POD XT Live (i know its outdated), HD300 and the HD500x as a preamp with the poweramps of the bugera's and i'm very pleased with the sound. (6260 -> 6L6 i belive and the 333xl -> E34 --- i could be wrong thought).

The bugera speakers does sound a bit darker and heavier than other cabs though, so keep that in mind.

Hi guys !  

I am searching for a fairly priced 212 combo to go with HD500X.

Just wondering if anyone is using it with Bugera 333XL 212 combo  and if yes then please be this kind and drop a few words on how well this sounds together ? Or any suggestions of other combos that sound really well with 500X .

Cheers and Respect !   

I've done some reading and some of the 333xl's had some issues. Of course there's always the chance of a problem. That goes for any amp. I want to try one out now, lol.

Link's to BeerChurch's Blog > http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/blog/51182/

There's some video's on YouTube about some issues with connector that supplies power and it needing attention.

Thanks guys. the only problem is that i use to own L6 Bogner design head MK1 and i had nothing but problems with it. Unfortunately since then i have not much trust for L6 amps........but again it could have been the one i had that was always going wrong and if i have bought  different then it  would be different story . . . 

first the volume pot went apelollipop and started jumping from 3 to full without even touching it and i hurt my ears number of times....it was hooked up to the 412 line 6 cab so you can imagine what happens when the amp decides to go to full volume just like that....i had to change the pot.....then of course same thing with the EQ pots....dead zones and crazy noise while moving the post so i ended up fixing the head and flogging it!

trouble is that i know others using L6 amps and they couldn't believe when i was telling them all the stuff that was happening to my amp cos they newer had an issue with theirs !!!!!!So i dunno really if i purchased a fixed up faulty head but i just sort of lost my trust to L6 amps....and maybe i should try again with L^ i know but its this gut feeling ..... LOL   :)

and again recently i had a another yet AVT150 212 and it decided to die on me as well so .....dunno. think i will try Bugera this time and see what happens. . . 

RESPECT!!!!

PS:how do i add a picture to the post ? i was gonna show you guys the Bogner design that i use to have sooooo much bad time with !!!!!!

Thanks guys. the only problem is that i use to own L6 Bogner design head MK1 and i had nothing but problems with it. Unfortunately since then i have not much trust for L6 amps........but again it could have been the one i had that was always going wrong and if i have bought  different then it  would be different story . . . 

first the volume pot went apelollipop and started jumping from 3 to full without even touching it and i hurt my ears number of times....it was hooked up to the 412 line 6 cab so you can imagine what happens when the amp decides to go to full volume just like that....i had to change the pot.....then of course same thing with the EQ pots....dead zones and crazy noise while moving the post so i ended up fixing the head and flogging it!

trouble is that i know others using L6 amps and they couldn't believe when i was telling them all the stuff that was happening to my amp cos they newer had an issue with theirs !!!!!!So i dunno really if i purchased a fixed up faulty head but i just sort of lost my trust to L6 amps....and maybe i should try again with L^ i know but its this gut feeling ..... LOL   :)

and again recently i had a another yet AVT150 212 and it decided to die on me as well so .....dunno. think i will try Bugera this time and see what happens. . . 

RESPECT!!!!

PS:how do i add a picture to the post ? i was gonna show you guys the Bogner design that i use to have sooooo much bad time with !!!!!!

You can upload a picture by going to "more reply options" and you'll see "attach files" near the bottom. Click on browse, find your photo, then click "attach the file".

I understand about the trust factor. I had issues with my DT50HD. They fixed me up though and it's working pretty good so far. As far the Bugera goes I would take the chance with it if I had the spare dough.

Heck, I was having an absolute blast with my Spider Jam this afternoon. It sounds great if I turn the master volume all the way up and then build my patches.

Then I took the HD500's L 1/4" analog out and plugged it into the SJ's aux input for a rundown of the full amp models. Sounds pretty good. I'm not really happy unless the Spider Jam's master volume is full open.

You can upload a picture by going to "more reply options" and you'll see "attach files" near the bottom. Click on browse, find your photo, then click "attach the file".

I understand about the trust factor. I had issues with my DT50HD. They fixed me up though and it's working pretty good so far. As far the Bugera goes I would take the chance with it if I had the spare dough.

Heck, I was having an absolute blast with my Spider Jam this afternoon. It sounds great if I turn the master volume all the way up and then build my patches.

Then I took the HD500's L 1/4" analog out and plugged it into the SJ's aux input for a rundown of the full amp models. Sounds pretty good. I'm not really happy unless the Spider Jam's master volume is full open.

THANKS Brazzy :)   

Really helpful advice!  I didn't see it for weeks !!!LOL  

Well now i can share with you the pics of my beloved EX L6 Set up i use to LOVE and HATE .... LOL   

I had to resize the pics down to under 2MB a file so quality not as superb but you can still see what i mean! 

It was a LOUD LOUD LOUD SET but i had to get rid of it !   :(   

RESPECT !   

Shame i didn't know i could register this stuff. If i had registered all my Line 6 stuff from the past i would have had 8-9 registered products but hey! Who knew !   :)   

post-1965120-0-28060400-1471113855_thumb.jpg

post-1965120-0-78398500-1471113877_thumb.jpg

post-1965120-0-21212800-1471113948_thumb.jpg

THANKS Brazzy :)   

Really helpful advice!  I didn't see it for weeks !!!LOL  

Well now i can share with you the pics of my beloved EX L6 Set up i use to LOVE and HATE .... LOL   

I had to resize the pics down to under 2MB a file so quality not as superb but you can still see what i mean! 

It was a LOUD LOUD LOUD SET but i had to get rid of it !   :(   

RESPECT !   

Shame i didn't know i could register this stuff. If i had registered all my Line 6 stuff from the past i would have had 8-9 registered products but hey! Who knew !   :)   

So that's the amp you had all sorts of issues with. I was looking at this amp at one point years ago but couldn't spring for it. Thanks for sharing. BTW the images are very clear to me. Wish you better luck with your next amp.

So that's the amp you had all sorts of issues with. I was looking at this amp at one point years ago but couldn't spring for it. Thanks for sharing. BTW the images are very clear to me. Wish you better luck with your next amp.

Hi Brazzy!

YEAH I KNOW MAN !!!!   Especially when they proudly put BOGNER DESIGN on the tin that makes you think ....yeah this is some serious lollipop head amp ! !

Again it might have been faulty unit that i have purchased so i will newer know i guess. . .  

But when it worked fine i have to say that it was SHARP AS A RAZOR !!!

RESPECT !