Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about 2.01 update procedure

DunedinDragon

I understand the process as it relates to saving setlists/bundles.  However, I keep my patches saved individually on the hard drive by way of the editor.  Once I do the update and get everything up and running, will each of these presets I've stored on the hard drive need to be rebuilt individually as they're loaded?  And will that require any intervention on my part?

I understand the process as it relates to saving setlists/bundles.  However, I keep my patches saved individually on the hard drive by way of the editor.  Once I do the update and get everything up and running, will each of these presets I've stored on the hard drive need to be rebuilt individually as they're loaded?  And will that require any intervention on my part?

As long as you have already done the FS 9&10 reset after your firmware upgrade you should be able to just load your presets (and IRs to the same slots they were in previously if any of your presets use IRs). You should not have to take any further action although I always turn the Helix off and back on after I load my presets as I seem to remember the Helix running a final rebuild upon restart. After that you should be good to go. If you have not already, remember to reset your global settings back to your preferred values as the global reset will have set them back to their defaults.

I understand the process as it relates to saving setlists/bundles. However, I keep my patches saved individually on the hard drive by way of the editor. Once I do the update and get everything up and running, will each of these presets I've stored on the hard drive need to be rebuilt individually as they're loaded? And will that require any intervention on my part?

The rebuilding will happen automatically - you won't need to do anything. However I'm not exactly sure when the rebuilding occurs. From my observation it does not happen when you import the preset. I think it happens either when you SAVE the imported preset or at the next startup, whichever happens first.

Sometimes we get those 'rebuilding presets' messages.

If you press FS 10 & 11 (!) while booting, you can 'upgrade' (rebuild)

existing / older presets to the new firmware manually -

and the messages will (most likely) disappear ;)

This is no global reset!!

Here again the complete list of reset options:

http://helixhelp.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ResetOptions

Question regarding re-installing  Fw   2.01 because I want to update from my main USB port on my laptop which I figured out which one it was although not sure if it will make any difference.. But would i have to re-install from version  2.00 or can i install from 2.01?

Thanks