Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem installing Helix editor 2.01

miurajef

I did everything as prescribed. I backed up my presets with the 'old' editor, reset my Helix, updated it's firmware to 2.01 via Updater 1.09, managed to install editor 2.01 on my computer, and reinstalled my presets.  But shortly after that the grey Helix icon on the computer suddenly disappeared . I have uninstalled all Helix software, quit all Line 6 applications, disconnected the Helix and tried to reinstall Editor 2.01.  Instead of the grey Helix icon, I get a white one, when I click it I get  the message (translated): 'shortcut missing. looking for helix.exe, browse if you want to look for it manually'    When I choose the latter option I get a list of programmes and files, non of which is called 'helix.exe', of couse :).  Anyone?

My Helix works fine, my main problem is at the moment I can't make any back ups.

You have probs with windows, I guess.

Delete that 'white' icon, it is a dead link obviously.

Then enter 'Helix' in the Start menu and search for the proggy that way.

If it won't appear, you have to reinstall the applications.

I have Windows 7 on that particular computer. I have tried reinstalling, restarting the computer,... it just doesn't work.

Disconnect all of your Line 6 gear and close down all Line 6 programs.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Line 6 Uninstaller

After you run the Line 6 Uninstaller, reboot your computer.

Go to Line6.com/software

Under -All Products- select Helix

Under -All Software select Drivers Under -All OS- make sure your operating system is selected Click GO Click GET DOWNLOAD Do not run it, just SAVE it

Go to your Downloads folder and find the drivers installer - Right click on it and select 'Run As Administrator'

Reboot your computer again after reinstalling the drivers

Go back to Line6.com/Software to download and re-install Line 6 Updater

Put your Helix into 'update mode' by holding down footswitches 6+12 while powering on, then connect to computer, Launch Updater and reinstall the flash memory.

Disconnect all of your Line 6 gear and close down all Line 6 programs.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Line 6 Uninstaller

After you run the Line 6 Uninstaller, reboot your computer.

Go to Line6.com/software

Under -All Products- select Helix

Under -All Software select Drivers Under -All OS- make sure your operating system is selected Click GO Click GET DOWNLOAD Do not run it, just SAVE it

Go to your Downloads folder and find the drivers installer - Right click on it and select 'Run As Administrator'

Reboot your computer again after reinstalling the drivers

Go back to Line6.com/Software to download and re-install Line 6 Updater

Put your Helix into 'update mode' by holding down footswitches 6+12 while powering on, then connect to computer, Launch Updater and reinstall the flash memory.

Thanks, that looks like a solution ('run as administrator') that is related to the one I just found: it appears that my Panda antivirus is the big saboteur, I changed it's settings, and now everything works fine. The program was blocking stuff without notifying me, when I changed that it suddenly became apparent that the Helix files were regarded as being suspicious :)  Thanks for all the help everyone!

• Upvote 1