Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving Presets without USB plugged in.

jpjr50

I'm a noob and still haven't scratched the service of all its features.

So I made 40 presets through the Line 6 editing app and savEd my Set List to my desktop.

Since owning the 500x it's been connected to my PC.

My question is this. If I disconnect the USB chord there isn't a way to retrieve my Set list so can I make patches and save them without USB?

.... If I disconnect the USB chord there isn't a way to retrieve my Set list so can I make patches and save them without USB?

Well, you can use the HD500X Edit program without the HD500X device connected. So you could load your saved setlists into the editor and change/resave them all you want using just your computer. Problem is you won't be hearing any sound as you make the changes because it's the HD500X that makes the sounds. And without the USB connection the HD500X can't communicate with the editor, nor with anything else on your computer.

I had forgotten HD500X Edit has an offline mode. :)  Now that I'm reminded of it, I miss this with Helix.

If you have any of the model packs, though, and use offline mode, these models won't be available.

That's what I figured but just wanted to see if there was a work around. Honestly my 500x doesn't move from my studio so it's not a big deal. I hadon't a Line 6 looper back in the day with a Memory slot for saving projects. The 500x would have been nice to be able to save set lists to an SD card.

I had forgotten HD500X Edit has an offline mode. :)  Now that I'm reminded of it, I miss this with Helix.

If you have any of the model packs, though, and use offline mode, these models won't be available.

Sorry, but I'm confused by this. You're saying that you can't use patches that use model packs unless you're plugged into a PC?

You need a PC to enable the model pack in the HD, but once that's done, you can use it as you would the standard model set.

Press the "Save" button, and it calls up the Save screen, you can overwrite the existing patch with the edited one, or you can save it to another location using the first 2 knobs under the screen, as well as being able to rename it. Press "Save" again to save it to memory.

Sorry, but I'm confused by this. You're saying that you can't use patches that use model packs unless you're plugged into a PC?

You need a PC to enable the model pack in the HD, but once that's done, you can use it as you would the standard model set.

You can certainly use patches that have model pack models in them without being hooked to a computer as long the patches reside on the device itself. However, if you use the offline mode of the editor to construct or view patches that use the model packs, those models will not be available. In the case of viewing patches in offline mode, any models from the model packs will be replaced by models that are not from a model pack.