Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amplifi 150 usb recording to android

jmichaels6

I have a amplify 150 with latest firmware 2.50.2

I have a Samsung tab a with audio evolution mobile

using usb out of amplify with a adapter to mini usb into the android.

when I record there is a tone or squeal that appears on the track.(not always in the same place.)

I contacted audio evolution and we tried several things.

they say that the usb descriptors tell them that the line 6 is not fully class compliant.

has anyone else had this issue or and point me in the right direction?

thanks

hi, I'm trying something similar but using my Samsung s7.

I used to record through my amplifi and a macbook pro which I no longer have.

how can I get record on the s7? I have a USB adapter plugged into my phone and into the USB on the amplifi. not finding any joy though..pretty sure samsung soundcamp app let's you record this way but it advertises the irig-hdA which is £70..don't see why I need that if I have the amplifi

I have a amplify 150 with latest firmware 2.50.2

I have a Samsung tab a with audio evolution mobile

using usb out of amplify with a adapter to mini usb into the android.

when I record there is a tone or squeal that appears on the track.(not always in the same place.)

I contacted audio evolution and we tried several things.

they say that the usb descriptors tell them that the line 6 is not fully class compliant.

has anyone else had this issue or and point me in the right direction?

thanks

I have complained about this on many previous forums and spent countless hours with the techs at L6 and Apple. No one can figure out why my Amplifi 75 can be read via USB on many older Macs that I've tried but will not work at all (cannot be read by) my 2014 iMac running El Capitan that has USB 3.0 ports! Those ports work fine for other devices such as printers, portable hard drives etc. but not the Amplifi! I don't know what it means to be "class compliant" but this may also be why I cannot use the USB features of the Amplifi with my setup. Anyone? Thx.

Jim

I remember amplifi advising not to upgrade mac to latest OSX coz of new driver incompatibility. saying that my mac pro retina was latest osx etc and it worked fine in garageband and logic. I sold my mac now tho so can't really help anymore...

I remember amplifi advising not to upgrade mac to latest OSX coz of new driver incompatibility. saying that my mac pro retina was latest osx etc and it worked fine in garageband and logic. I sold my mac now tho so can't really help anymore...

After I wrote a ticket with L6, they immediately suggested I upgrade my Mac to the newest operating system. They had very little knowledge of USB 3.0. But another user on these forums reported having no difficulty at all with their same year Mac using USB 3.0 on El Capitan operating system. I plugged the Amplifi into my daughter's 5 year old Mac laptop and it worked perfectly. I recorded directly into Garage Band within seconds as a test. Go figure!

Jim