Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD X3 - No sound output!!

Giacinto

Hey guys, I just sold my POD X3 - which was lying around at home for 3 years without being used. 

The new owner just wrote me that the POD has no sound output after 1 hour. I've downloaded the newest firmware

before selling it. The POD seems to work, display works etc. but there seems to be no sound output after some time.

How can you test the hardware? I've read somewhere that it is possible.. 

What can I suggest him to do? Cable are fine, software newly installed, firmware reinstalled..

thank you guys

Have the guy check some different patches that worked. If he just went and loaded up some off of Custom Tone who knows what they are set for.

1st thing to check is if the tuner is getting a signal. Set patch to tone 1 and check. Signal? first hurdle.

Here is a good thread for you:

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/1692/

It has the hardware checks in there.

Hope it is something simple.

-Bill

Hey Bill, thanks for your answer! I deleted all custom tones before selling it, the unit is set back to its original factory state. 

I've found the thread you've posted some days ago, unfortunately the link to the hardware test within that thread is not working anymore ;/ 

so I have no idea how to initiate the test.

"1st thing to check is if the tuner is getting a signal. Set patch to tone 1 and check. Signal? first hurdle."

You mean if the tuner gets a signal when it doesn't work? What do I have to do for that? what is patch? the effect? 

The tuner is the 1st thing in the signal chain and will pick it up if set to tone 1 (not tone 2). My X3L is dead for the tuner so I know its either the board or a jack. The X3Ls have surface mounted jacks and those can break. The guy can try going in one of the other inputs too.

I hope that the hardware test shows a P for everything. The SDRAM - F is not uncommon for an older unit.

Fingers crossed!

Bill

Before everything else is tried check the LINE/AMP switch - this one got me before - I bumped it and it was offset from either and killed the output until it was moved back.

But:

Safe Mode: This will let you do the hardware test. You can also force a reflash here through the L6 Monkey.

The guy wouldn't happen to have another PS to try it with would he?

--------------------------------------------

Hold the four-way arrow key to the right while powering the POD X3 unit on to start your unit in safe mode.

After you boot into safe mode, a list appears in the LCD screen:

Highlight item: Press INPUT
The hardware test Details are as shown below:
When the test is completed, the LCD screen automatically returns to the calibration list. You will then proceed to the next test. Results: P=Pass F=Fail

PEDAL: INPUT> Pedal Calibration:Duty Cycle 0 Press channel footswitches in order of a-b-c-d
As you press each footswitch, sweep the pedal all the way back, forward, and engage the pedal switch.
The channel C switchwill give a scaled pedal value from 0-255
The channel D switch gives you the P/F result while flipping you back to the list.

BUTTONS: Press all the chrome switches turns all the 00 to 11

POTS: Turn all the knobs all the way from 0% to 100% then back to 0%
ENCODERS: Pertaining to the black soft keys underneath the LCD screen

FLASH: Either a PASS or FAIL

SDRAM: Either a PASS or FAIL

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

i have a problem with my POD X3 i dont have any sound output, ive tried updating the flash memory but i always got the same 80007211 code 

anyone can help me please? is there a way i can do a factory reset? btw the display went all yellow but i had sound and since yesterday there is no sound out of the device

Alright my man - Hold down the right arrow key while powering up, plug the USB in, start Monkey and reflash the unit. You should DL the flash file first and select flash from file.

You need to use a usb port not a hub. So try a port on the rear of the PC.

Hope that works.

If all else fails - click the link below that sez "Support" and shoot a ticket into L6.