Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to add an effect block to an existing tone?

Maxingwell

Hi,

Does anyone know how the hell to add an effect/mod block to an existing tone which doesn't already have an effect block? I've watched a lot of the videos and asked Google but nothing obvious shows up. A full manual would help but seems as though line6 can't be bothered with this!

Thanks for any help - you can probably tell I'm getting really frustrated with this!

Hi,

Does anyone know how the hell to add an effect/mod block to an existing tone which doesn't already have an effect block? I've watched a lot of the videos and asked Google but nothing obvious shows up. A full manual would help but seems as though line6 can't be bothered with this!

Thanks for any help - you can probably tell I'm getting really frustrated with this!

Assuming you are using the remote App. Right? If you do use the app you will see your tone by name. Press "Edit." It takes you to the parameters of all the various effects blocks. You can select a block such as mod and look for the on/off icon. The effect must be turned on the on will light up when it's on. You can choose a different effect or edit the present one using several built in parameters. When you finish editing your tone you must save what you did once again using the app. Your choices include saving to My Tones, saving with a new name to my tones, or saving to the Amplifi. It will then ask you where you want to save your tone on the amp. You can overwrite any of the existing tones by saving your edited tone to the amp. I tend to save to both My Tones and the amp. Have fun!

Ps you can also edit any tone you download from the Cloud. (still have to save after editing).

Jim

Thanks for your reply Jim.

I am using an iPad2 and the remote app. The problem I have is that a tone I downloaded doesn't have an effect block in the signal path and I am struggling to see any way of adding one to it.

I can turn existing blocks on and off and can edit them (eg, change amp type/params) but there seems to be no way to add or remove anything from the signal chain.

The FX path is fixed with the exception of the assignable blocks With these blocks you can change the type of FX that occupies that block. You can reorder all the FX to some degree. However, these and only these FX blocks exist in every preset. You can choose not to use them (individually turn them off), change their parameters, and in some cases change their assignments. But you can't add/remove blocks from the chain.

True: all the l6 devices using a remote app such as the Amplifi and Firehawk work this way. You cannot add or delete blocks. You can exchange existing ones, for example a mod can be switched to a delay. And you can change their locations in the signal chain to some degree. You can edit and save blocks as I described earlier. But you can only work with the assigned blocks that appear in the app for each tone.

Jim