Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

YouTube - Chris Beaver video

slammerstudios

Just saw Chris Beavers Youtube review of Helix.  Met Chris through the Musician War website, and his comment that his POD HD review soured a surge in sales is true.  Myself and several others were very impressed with his demo and review, and we have all been following his music for years on the site.  I can't speak for others, but I bought the POD HD because of his review, and will most likely buy the Helix for the same reason.  You guys owe him a carrot.  

I do not know this guy personally, just through our website and his music.

Very good review if anyone is on the fence about the Helix.  Go check it out.

Just saw Chris Beavers Youtube review of Helix. Met Chris through the Musician War website, and his comment that his POD HD review soured a surge in sales is true. ...

I also think his videos and the patches he shares are great!

Btw, you said Chris Beavers "soured" a surge in sales when in fact you are clearly trying to applaud his efforts and show that they supported a surge in sales. Damn that auto spell correction! ;)

The only problem I have with Chris Beaver's videos is I wish he'd go through the preset and explain his thinking and technique in how he set it up.  This is what I appreciate so much with Peter Hamner's videos.  It's probably just me, but I prefer to not import presets.  I'd rather understand how they're laid out and then replicate the process making minor tweaks as necessary for my particular setup.

It's more of a "teach a man to fish" kinda thing.

The only problem I have with Chris Beaver's videos is I wish he'd go through the preset and explain his thinking and technique in how he set it up. This is what I appreciate so much with Peter Hamner's videos. It's probably just me, but I prefer to not import presets. I'd rather understand how they're laid out and then replicate the process making minor tweaks as necessary for my particular setup.

It's more of a "teach a man to fish" kinda thing.

Yep, my favorite videos are definitely the "teach a man to fish" variety, knowing that there is little chance that the preset someone is playing through will sound the same on my setup. I do find it useful sometimes when they provide the preset so I can reference what they were doing but ultimately always find it more useful when the preset is accompanied with a video that focuses on what, how, and why they set up their preset and hopefully imparts some new technique, clever trick, or detail as to why certain parameters were set the way they were, blocks positioned a certain way, custom routes and split/merges, etc. .

Chris Beaver does get some amazing sounds out of relatively simple presets though, they are among my favorites of what I have heard on video and he is kind enough to share them.