Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to spider jam

Ecklingler

I am getting a new spider jam this week and already I have a couple of questions. First my ipad mini does not support adobe flash. Any way around this?

Second question relates to sd catds. I have a fender g-dec3 30 and have loaded backing tracks on them in wav and mp3 format. Will they work in the spider jam in their present state without re-formatting or will I have to erase and start over? I have stored these on my desktop computer but no longer use this computer on-line because the operating system is the old xp system not supported by Microsoft any longer. Thanks for any and all advice.

When I went online there is the opportunity to download and listen to backing tracks and things like that. Inevitably I may just have to update my old desktop computer. I have stored many songs on my old computer and will have to convert them to wav and mono or just plug in my MP3 player to thr SJ amp. But first things first. I will be receiving it on Wednesday and start from there. Again thanks for your response and welcome any and all advice. I have some experience from my g-dec amp so hopefully the transition will be smoother and I am looking forward to the SJ..

As I sit here my mind is running all over. I have a new question and wonder if anyone has successfully done this. With my MP3 player plugged in to the proper amp port can I transfer the songs onto a 2gb ad card plugged into the SJ amp or must this be done through my desk top computer? Thanks

Thanks gary, I was just thinking since the SJ could record your created music and mic input onto the sd card that just maybe the amp could do the same with the MP3 player. If anyone has tried this whether it worked or not I would like to hear their experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gary, I was just thinking since the SJ could record your created music and mic input onto the sd card that just maybe the amp could do the same with the MP3 player. If anyone has tried this whether it worked or not I would like to hear their experiences.

I don't think the mp3/cd input can be recorded to the SJ's internal memory. If I recall correctly the last time I used it, it didn't record to the internal memory.

• 2 months later...

Great thread!  Thanks for the info regarding using .wav files in MONO only.  I spent a few years searching for a decent stereo guitar amp (used) but finally 'gave up' and bought the Spider Jam yesterday - excellent for 10 year old technology.  I've been using the Roland Boss eBand JS-10 for years (which is also amazing - and plays .mp3 files right from the SD card) but I want something with more punch and the SJ seems to do the trick (and then some - see them cats run, lol!).

Lawrence Fritts - some music prof in IOWA put together a whack of super-excellent backing tracks in the blues genre.  I downloaded them yesterday (torrent) and have been tweaking them up today (adding the bpm and keys to the ID tags).  If there is a way to post them here I will do so.  I removed the 8 or 9 tracks that were drums or drums and bass only, the remainder have keys, guitar, lots of walking bass, etc.  Of course you can find them for yourself - I highly recommend them, the tracks are each fairly long so you can queue up the entire collection up and just play through them - hours of fun and great for practicing that blues scale -_-   BTW, the original intention for the release was for free-issue to the Gen'r'l Public so there's no issue with sharing as far as I'm aware.  The original source for the files is gone though...

I see now that the limit for attachmentation to posts is too low for anything but a small audio file or hyperlink.  Should I post a dropbox link or are you musical friends good?  Let me know....

Sorry - kinda lost track of the original question posted by Ecklingler, the purveyor of this thread, about the iPad Mini and Adobe Flash.  I would like to know why you are trying to access Flash (if you still are, I thought maybe that battle was over) and maybe we can figure out a work-around :)

As for your second question, as I mentioned in a different thread, converting anything to anything is pretty easy with foobar2000 (it's free).  I've used it for 20+ years, mostly for converting .flac to .mp3 for my iPod and Samsung phone.  There are plug-ins for each audio 'codec' that you download from the foobar site and install depending on what you need/want.  Keeps the program small and quick to load.  Also handles tagging and album art.

As an aside, I listened to some of your Soundcloud uploads Brazzy - wow, pretty sweet!  You can sure tweak that SJ to make some excellent guitar sounds, um hmmm, nice.  Thanks :D

Just finished converting the Lawrence Fritt collection of blues backing tracks from 192kbps .mps to .wav mono with foobar2000 (total about 1.45 GB at nearly 5 hours playing time!).  I've uploaded a screenshot of the settings screen.  Just import the files into the foobar (drag & drop works fine) and right-click (after selecting all) and choose 'convert'.  The ...... at the bottom brings up the conversion options screen, choose your options.  I chose .wav; convert to source folder (I'll move them after); and in Processing, Downmix channels to mono.  Worked like a charm :-)

post-2458566-0-40385900-1476496370_thumb.jpg