Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Helix presets I've heard (for my taste that is)

RichardLainegard

Does anyone in here know Thai monster player Vinai Trinateepakdee?
he has some of the very best Helix presets I've heard thus far!
I hope, wish and pray he will release some preset pack, but thus far he has only shared
one that I've seen.

Some Ford-type tones

Some smooth LP tones

and the preset for it (needs a OwnHammer IR)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70a92sfrdwn9u82/%20VT%20LP%20ClN%20%26%20DRV.hlx?dl=0

And finally my fave, a strat R&B preset
  • Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

What I cant understand is,I havent heard anyones sounds as good as Vinai ,i certainly cant get them and i consider myself ok at setting tones.

Of course it's only my taste.(Smooth Jazz ones are the ones Im relating to).

Any idea whether he's using helix as soundcard and what monitors/mixer/ hes using or into 2 amp?

Gosh I wish he would sell these as the stock factory tones are rubbish in comparison.

Has anyone got an up to date link for the on hes made available as the one above doesnt work.

Very Grateful

Any idea whether he's using helix as soundcard and what monitors/mixer/ hes using or into 2 amp?

At the beginning of the videos is says he is recording Helix direct into mixer. You can get the same results recording Helix straight into your DAW via USB. 

Wait a minute!  Look what I found.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ptodcpgw95quhtr/AACSKhfEgK_1rls2IITC38cza/Vinai%20Trinateepakdee?dl=0

Don't know which song the patch is for.

New Horizons is a pretty sweet song with a killer tone that he created for Jam Track Central.  It may not be your favorite style of music, but I love it.  He's a monster guitar player with a great ear for tone.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

At the beginning of the videos is says he is recording Helix direct into mixer. You can get the same results recording Helix straight into your DAW via USB. 

Unfortunately I have a miss match between the Helix and my firewire a and h desk.I need to run my mixer for other studio stuff when helix not in use but need the usb off helix for editing.I know i could just run the helix direct and use as a sound card but i need to use the mixer for other things without the helix.When i use both there is a fuzz sound.

Thanks everyone for links i agree vinais are like Marcos and i have the whole lot of them!!!

Just wish I could get hold of the ones Vinai uses on his You tube channel.

Downloading them works fine...Helix doesn't like them, however. Gives me an error "target not supported" when I try to import them. Who knows?

Hmmmmm. I just loaded them this weekend and they worked for me. There is only one IR slot and two provided IR's FYI. Since it's you, I'm very sure you're firmware is up to date. Do you have Helix Native? If you do maybe you can load it in there. I did just click and drag the preset in HD Edit instead of importing. Could that be the trick?

Hmmmmm. I just loaded them this weekend and they worked for me. There is only one IR slot and two provided IR's FYI. Since it's you, I'm very sure you're firmware is up to date. Do you have Helix Native? If you do maybe you can load it in there. I did just click and drag the preset in HD Edit instead of importing. Could that be the trick?

Yeah, everything's up to date. I'll try dragging the IR's into Native. The patch itself loads fine.

I usually don't bother with trying to adapt other's patches as I've had little success with it over the years

But in this case I was curious as I like this guy's playing a lot, and this one actually sounds pretty good with a couple of other IR's I already had.

New Horizons is a pretty sweet song with a killer tone that he created for Jam Track Central.  It may not be your favorite style of music, but I love it.  He's a monster guitar player with a great ear for tone.

Enjoy!

Everything about that was great!

If the above model stated is correct then IR is this one: 

70s Marshall Cab 1960 B with Electro Voice speakers.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164&products_id=385

Make sure you're using the right file too.  Usually Ownhammer has a Line6 folder when you buy IRs.

This is what the two provided IR's are called

103_American412_87on_Stand

203_British412_87on_Standa

So I guess it would mean the British one