Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Someone help a guy out trying to achieve djent tone!!!!!

Shrednoise321

What IR's did you use?

I played through the presets earlier.  He used a Helix Dual Cab block with two 4x12 Cali V30 cabs, one with a Dynamic 57 and one with a Condenser 30.  Each had different high and low cuts on them.

Just personal preference, I swapped them out for two 4x12 Uber V30 cabs with a Dynamic 112 mic instead of the Dynamic 57 on the one.

I'm loving EQ (parametric or 10 band) after the Helix or IR cabs.

Inspired by your presets and this thread...

I took a pass at a tight, mean Djent tone built around the Cali Rectifire amp and Dual Cab Block 4x12 Cali V30 with one 121 Ribbon and one 112 Dynamic mic.  

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/2277744/

Cali%2BDjent%2BCabs.JPG

Cali%2BDjent%2BCabs%2B2.JPG

Despite intuition, I preferred the amp distortion over the TS 808 pedal.  It seems to have more depth and punch.

I found I got much more punch and bite pulling down the Sag and Bias controls on the amp.

Cali%2BDjent%2BAmp.JPG

I placed a Cali Q Graphic block after the Dual Cab block with a modified Mesa Mark V shape in lieu of a parametric.  The Cali Q frequency centers work really well for me.  Yet again, EQ after the Helix cab really helped me get the high gain tone in my head without IR's.

Cali%2BDjent%2BEQ.JPG

• Upvote 1

Just thought I'd add another video - I watched this a while back. Rabea Massaad comes up with some really great Djent tones in this video. These are NOT from Helix, and I'm not really a djent guy, but I definitely like these - especially the Amptweaker pedals.

While the host has him try out and evaluate a few different pedals, he goes into what he's looking for in a good djent tone which could be useful when dialing in a Helix patch. That's at around 21:40'ish into the video if you want to skip ahead.

Well done mate! Sounds Great !

Okay.  At lunch I created a 4-channel preset with Snapshots to cover a lot of Prog / Math / Djent territory.

Snapshots

(1) Clean Ambient - Jazz Rivet amp>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Simple Pitch>Mod Chorus Echo>Particle Verb
(2) Clean - Jazz Rivet amp>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Adriatic Delay>63 Reverb
(3) Rhythm - Cali Rectifier>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Cali Q>Noise Gate
(4) Lead & Breakdown - Gate>TS808>Cali Rectifier>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Cali Q>Simple EQ (1.4kHz boost)>LA Comp>Gate

I'm running this with Global Settings>Footswitches>Preset Mode Switches>Stomp/Snap.

Okay.  At lunch I created a 4-channel preset with Snapshots to cover a lot of Prog / Math / Djent territory.

Snapshots

(1) Clean Ambient - Jazz Rivet amp>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Simple Pitch>Mod Chorus Echo>Particle Verb
(2) Clean - Jazz Rivet amp>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Adriatic Delay>63 Reverb
(3) Rhythm - Cali Rectifier>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Cali Q>Noise Gate
(4) Lead & Breakdown - Gate>TS808>Cali Rectifier>Dual 4x12 Cali V30>Cali Q>Simple EQ (1.4kHz boost)>LA Comp>Gate

I'm running this with Global Settings>Footswitches>Preset Mode Switches>Stomp/Snap.

Wow man,  that is great! Really nice tones here!

Put a noise gate first and then put another noise gate between the amp and cab, make sure the guitar input pad is on so you have headroom.

Also, explore the use of frequency crossover, maybe use a bass amp and cab model for the low frequency? You could also just use two amp models and dial them in based on which frequency they are better at emphasizzling. :)

Could even be a matter of cab choice. Though I bet the bass amp, like SVT beast with the low end crossover of your guitar would sound huge! Then get a nice mid focused rock or hi gain amp; start with your favorite amp cab model combination and go from there. Mesa bass model ( cali bass) + Mesa guitar amp model? SVT + Marshall?

Anyway, I just noticed that crossover split option and started reading up on it, have not tested it yet.

Page 31 in current manual:

Split > Crossover Settings

Knob Parameter Description

1.) Frequency:

Any signal above this frequency is sent to Path A (upper); any signal below this frequency is sent to Path B (lower).

2.) Reverse:

When on, reverses the path assignments (any signal above the crossover frequency is sent to Path B, any signal below the crossover frequency is sent to Path A)

• 8 months later...

DUDE! VIIyears thanks so much for these patches! If your not already, you should join the Helix User Group on facebook! 

I think I'm already in one. I don't post on there too often though!

I'm more or less trying to see if someone could help me get in the ballpark and I will tweak from there. I do agree with you though.

Bank 2 has a preset called Djentrified.

Not sure if it did at the time of this post.

May be a good place to begin.