Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Martin 1 And 3, Bad Sound , Help

I already tried all the ways that martins 1 and 3 sound good but I had no success either in PA or in recordings, already changed my patches but nothing. So use the 5 in any situation, someone has success with them, and if so, could you give me advice on how to adjust them or provide some samples

I'm in the process of exploring ways to optimize the acoustic qualities the Variax JTV acoustic models.

When you say recording, do you mean with software?  If so what plug-ins do you have?  It can be hit or miss, but some plug-in settings are good starting points and will at the very least, enhance the sound of the already very good acoustic models.

At this point, I think the main ingredients are tape emulation, eq, compression, and reverb.  The sound becomes more lively.

What are you using to process your sounds?

I mean live and when i Record the sound is bad of 2 martins but made an experience that was suggested here in the forum and found fantastic, got the 2 12-string acoustic guitars and turned off the pitch paralel, making the 6-string guitars, sounded fantastics, million times better to martins, worth a try I got 2 more acoustic guitars fantastics, and replaces the martins by these new in acoustic , my acustic patch has reverb, eq

I'm in the process of exploring ways to optimize the acoustic qualities the Variax JTV acoustic models.

When you say recording, do you mean with software?  If so what plug-ins do you have?  It can be hit or miss, but some plug-in settings are good starting points and will at the very least, enhance the sound of the already very good acoustic models.

At this point, I think the main ingredients are tape emulation, eq, compression, and reverb.  The sound becomes more lively.

What are you using to process your sounds?

... made an experience that was suggested here in the forum and found fantastic, got the 2 12-string acoustic guitars and turned off the pitch paralel, making the 6-string guitars, sounded fantastics, million times better to martins, worth a try I got 2 more acoustic guitars fantastics, and replaces the martins by these new in acoustic , my acustic patch has reverb, eq

The D12 without parallel pitch does sound really good. The G12 also sounds good but not much different than the J-200.

I saved the parallel pitch settings for both instruments which gives me something to experiment with when using other models.

I mean live and when i Record the sound is bad of 2 martins but made an experience that was suggested here in the forum and found fantastic, got the 2 12-string acoustic guitars and turned off the pitch paralel, making the 6-string guitars, sounded fantastics, million times better to martins, worth a try I got 2 more acoustic guitars fantastics, and replaces the martins by these new in acoustic , my acustic patch has reverb, eq.

The D12 without parallel pitch does sound really good.  The G12 also sounds good but not much different than the J-200.  
I saved the parallel pitch settings for both instruments which gives me something to experiment with when using other models.

Here's an interesting video tutorial.

The top right side of the video screen is labeled Variax Recordings. I'd click on that to jump to that point in the video, (which is about the middle of the tutorial). It's at this point that he addresses ways of processing the Variax sound beginning with a mixing desk console emulator plug-in. I don't have one and think this plug-in can be skipped. The essential sound shaping plug-ins are the eq and compression. It's difficult to actually see the settings used on the different plug-ins, but the main point is to digest his thinking as each plug-in is tweaked.

He's using ProTool, but the content shown can be easily set up in any Mac or PC DAW.