Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk app: can't find Pedal Mode option ?

picpic

Hello, I have connected a external Boss Expression pedal to my Firehawk FX.  The pedal is detected and is working fine (I can already use it to change volume and it works).

Now I'd like to change the Pedal Mode option, but I can't find the option in the Firehawk IPad app.

Manual says in the "Configuring Pedal Functionality" section: "You'll find the options for pedal mode within the Inspector Pane of the Firehawk Remote app's Editor screen".  I'm in the editor screen (Edit on the bottom bar), but I can't find the option anywhere.  I've looked into every effect, I can't see it.  Did I miss something ?  Can you tell me where this option is ?

Thank you.

From playing with it, I think the documentation is a little misleading.  I don't think the mode is something you set, I think that is just how it works.  I think what you can set in the editor is if there is a tweak assigned or not.

In other words, if you have a second expression pedal connected and you assign a tweak, it puts the tweak on pedal 2 and wah/volume on the on-board pedal.  If you don't assign a tweak it puts volume on pedal 2 and wah on the on-board pedal.

I haven't had mine for long so maybe someone can give you better advice, that just seems to be how it works from my limited testing.

Hey Dalto, thanks for your answer.

How can you set up on TWEAK mode then ?  It will not switch by itself.  Look at the table in the manual, there are "two" options:  

- WAH/VOLUME with or without Pedal 2

- TWEAK with or without Pedal 2

Or maybe tweak mode is enabled if you use a footswitch instead of an expression pedal... dunno.  You'll use it to switch between volume & wah on the onboard pedal...  Anyway, tweak mode is not really interesting... (and I still can't understant what's the point with Tweak WITHOUT Pedal 2 ?  What do we tweak here ????)

Most interesting option if you use an external expression pedal is probably 'WAH/VOLUME" with Pedal 2.  You can use your expression for volume and keep the Wah on the onboard pedal -the opposite is not possible....-.  Unfortunately, in this configuration, you'll have to activate/deactivate the onboard Wah with the Toe Switch (press hard with your foot).  That's not conveniant at all.  Every Wah pedal on the market switch automatically to the Wah sound when you juste move the pedal.  With the onboard pedal set to Wah, you have to remember to press hard when you want to use it, and press hard again when you stop using it.  That's really confusing.  

Anyway...!  --> I finally ended up using my Behringer Wah pedal on the FX loop.  And I kept the onboard pedal for volume control only.  That's probably the BEST (most simple) option for players who want to use volume + wah at the same time on the Firehawk FX.

TIP: if you use an effect pedal on the FX Loop, you need to move FX Loop BEFORE the amp in the diagram.  Otherwise you'll have sound issues (insane clipping).  Once the FX Loop is set before the amp, it sounds as it should.  

Good evening

PS: Firehawk is otherwise a great product.  Now that I managed to solve my wah/volume issue, I have a nice setup with everything that I need.  All effects on Firehawk, and an extra Wah.  I just built a little IKEA Pedalboard and it's great ;-) Here's a photo.

pedalboard.jpg

How can you set up on TWEAK mode then ?  It will not switch by itself.  Look at the table in the manual, there are "two" options:  

Or maybe tweak mode is enabled if you use a footswitch instead of an expression pedal... dunno.  You'll use it to switch between volume & wah on the onboard pedal...  Anyway, tweak mode is not really interesting... (and I still can't understant what's the point with Tweak WITHOUT Pedal 2 ?  What do we tweak here ????)

Tweak mode allows you to use a pedal to control the degree of an element of an effect.  From within an effect block if you press and hold on the effect bar you can assign it as a tweak.  For example, you could put an overdrive stomp and use the pedal to control the amount of drive dynamically or you could control the mix amount on a chorus or a delay dynamically using the pedal.

Thanks for the extra explanation !  So maybe I don't need to throw my BOSS expression pedal in the trash yet ;-)  I could use it for effects tweaking, too.  Why not.

For the Wah anyway, I think the best way to proceed so far is using an extra Wah pedal on FX Loop.  -Maybe that's something Line6 could patch in a next release-.  --> If you set the onboard pedal to Wah, enable the Wah sound when the user starts to move the pedal, and disable it a short period after it stops moving - with latency as a parameter in the wah options -.  Forcing the user to use the toe switch to enable-disable Wah sound before/after moving the pedal is confusing and hard to do when you play.

(edit: WHOOPS I clicked "report" instead of "Quote" when answering !  Hope I didn't report you :-)  sorry)

• 6 months later...

Most interesting option if you use an external expression pedal is probably 'WAH/VOLUME" with Pedal 2.  You can use your expression for volume and keep the Wah on the onboard pedal -the opposite is not possible....-.  Unfortunately, in this configuration, you'll have to activate/deactivate the onboard Wah with the Toe Switch (press hard with your foot).  That's not conveniant at all.  Every Wah pedal on the market switch automatically to the Wah sound when you juste move the pedal.  With the onboard pedal set to Wah, you have to remember to press hard when you want to use it, and press hard again when you stop using it.  That's really confusing.  

Anyway...!  --> I finally ended up using my Behringer Wah pedal on the FX loop.  And I kept the onboard pedal for volume control only.  That's probably the BEST (most simple) option for players who want to use volume + wah at the same time on the Firehawk FX.

TIP: if you use an effect pedal on the FX Loop, you need to move FX Loop BEFORE the amp in the diagram.  Otherwise you'll have sound issues (insane clipping).  Once the FX Loop is set before the amp, it sounds as it should.  

Good evening

PS: Firehawk is otherwise a great product.  Now that I managed to solve my wah/volume issue, I have a nice setup with everything that I need.  All effects on Firehawk, and an extra Wah.  I just built a little IKEA Pedalboard and it's great ;-) Here's a photo.

Good evening

pedalboard.jpg

ok thank you

one question how do you set the way way before the amp mode?

in the app? or on the Firehawk with button ?

thabk you

Good evening

pedalboard.jpg

how can i put the way deal before the amp???

thx 

how can i put the way deal before the amp???

thx 

Is 'way deal' a wah pedal but with crazy spell correction?

As picpic has mentioned, put it in the FX Loop.  Use a cable from FX send on the FHFX to the wah input then a cable from the wah output to FX return.  In the editor app, switch on your FX Loop block and drag it in front of the amp.