Sign in to follow this  
HonestOpinion

What percentage do you use for path splits to delay & reverb?

I was wondering, for those of you who split your delay and/or reverb off onto a separate path, what percentage do you generally dial in ( A versus B ) on your split block? I have been varying it depending on the preset but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or "rules" they use to determine the best split values? I guess this is another way of asking about wet/dry routing. Sometimes I find the sound better through a simple super serial path with the entire signal routed through the delay and reverb (split is set to B 100% through the delay/reverb path and the mix parameter on delay/reverb is set to taste) and other times I find that sending some signal through direct and some to reverb sounds better (Even split or some ratio that sends signal bypassing the delay/reverb path as well as through the delay/reverb path).

On one of my patches, I just used a Split Y. But I had to increase the mix slightly for both reverb and delay relative to using these effects in series. In series I might use around 20% mix for delay and probably less than 20%, maybe up to 30%, for reverb, depending on the reverb. For parallel, delay mix might be 30+%, reverb up to 50%, again depending on the reverb.