Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

Are you going to be updating your 175 pack with patches and Snapshots for the new 2.1 models ? 

Could do with a Snapshot preset for the Mk IV and DivBy13  too  ( please :)  ) 

I wanted to ask the same thing. :-) Update would be great, but even a new pack with the new amps would be awesome too. ;-)

Since this pack was made some time ago, does it suffer from the EXP issue in the latest patch?

http://line6.com/sup...pedal-question/

If so will you be updating the patch to fix it?

Only the last 15 presets with snapshot need that fix and you can do it yourself with the plug unplug method

I read on TGP that he is sick and havent even touched a guitar in over a month so dont expect an update in a near future

I hope he get well soon.

Also Line 6 is aware of the bug hopefully they fix this soon

• Upvote 1

Hello, yes it's true, I've been sick (nervous breakdown), but I'm starting to recover. In still don't play guitar everyday because the antidepressants makes me weak. But as soon as I can stop them, I'll resume work on my presets. I don't think it will be for this year though, January is more likely.

Btw I have Black Friday sales right now, until the end of the month !

Hello, yes it's true, I've been sick (nervous breakdown), but I'm starting to recover. In still don't play guitar everyday because the antidepressants makes me weak. But as soon as I can stop them, I'll resume work on my presets. I don't think it will be for this year though, January is more likely.

Btw I have Black Friday sales right now, until the end of the month !

My best wishes to you. I've been having some medical issues too. Getting old is a drag. However, music keeps me motivated and happy.

• Upvote 3

Many thanks guys ! As I'm feel I'm getting better and the breakdown is over, I decided to take a half dose of pills for a few days, then stop it completely. The doctor is against it, but I really feel better and I want to play guitar again and those pills make me feel too sleepy for that. You can expect some new videos soon :)

• Upvote 4

So I started playing again, and it feels great ! The fingers are not in good shape though but that was to be expected. I recorded this to demo two new Harley Benton guitars :

Here I used the Axe-Fx but I will reamp the dry tracks through the Helix too

• Upvote 1

Been viewing this thread for the last four months. $49 seemed like a lot for presets and IR's. Finally made the plunge yesterday. Yeah, THESE were worth it. 

I'm a novice on the sound programming side of things, but clearly Fremen has not only an ear for this stuff but also the understanding of the EQ/response characteristics on the Helix. 

Haven't scratched the surface on all 175, but the hard rock stuff I like to play (VH, Scorpions, UFO) has plenty of options with this pack. Fremen has figured out how to get distortion in a way that all six strings sound clear, punchy and yet with sustain. 

I realize some valued Line6 employees read this board regularly---guys, you really need to figure out how to get Fremen's sound and types of patches to ship with the unit. The guy clearly understands your product better than you do. Or better yet, hire him. 

In any event, if any of you guys are on the fence here, buy the pack. This stuff is a gamechanger in my humble opinion. Only caveat is that these are basic sounds and you'll need to add in your own special pedals and twists you might like such as Wah, Flanger, etc. But he's got your basic guitar tone wired and wired well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

....Fremen has not only an ear for this stuff but also the understanding of the EQ/response characteristics on the Helix. 

.... if any of you guys are on the fence here, buy the pack. This stuff is a gamechanger in my humble opinion. Only caveat is that these are basic sounds and you'll need to add in your own special pedals and twists you might like such as Wah, Flanger, etc. But he's got your basic guitar tone wired and wired well. 

+1

I just acquired a new EVH Wolfgang Special and I've been stuck on the 5150 + Electrik patch for a couple of days now.  It just sounds so good I can't bring myself to switch to anything else.

Question for you, Fremen, and or anyone else who would like to respond, for a George Lynch/Dokken sound, which of Fremen's presets do you think is best?

Question for you, Fremen, and or anyone else who would like to respond, for a George Lynch/Dokken sound, which of Fremen's presets do you think is best?

I'm not at home right now but I'd probably start with one of the Plexi presets.  Lynch used to run a treble booster into a '71 Marshall Super Lead and later switched to a Randall RG80 (which is similar to the Super Lead).

Thanks for the encouragements guys, I really needed it. Unfortunately I just had a relapse and had to take my pills again, so this time I'll follow the treatment until the end. Which means that I'll probably have the energy to program something new this year :/

Hey fremen, sorry you're having a hard time, our thoughts are with you. Psychopharmacology isn't an exact science, there's a lot of trial and error, which people in need get to go through, yay. I have family members on that path, and it's tough.

Anyone can hear the full and real person in your playing. He's in there, you are whole, have faith in yourself! Like they say, these things too shall pass.

Amen to the psychopharmacology. Brain chemistry is a very delicate balance. Work closely with your doc if he's a good one. And go at your own pace. I battled situational depression for awhile a few years back, and can't speak highly enough for a healthy diet, plenty of water, focusing on getting good sleep, and exercise. And lots of guitar playing.

....one great thing about music and songwriting and guitar playing is that you can channel any variety of human energy into it (normalcy, lunacy, depression, mania, etc) and the result is mirrored and fresh and sometimes extraordinary.....

"If music be the food of love, then play on".

• Upvote 1

....one great thing about music and songwriting and guitar playing is that you can channel any variety of human energy into it (normalcy, lunacy, depression, mania, etc) and the result is mirrored and fresh and sometimes extraordinary.....

"If music be the food of love, then play on".

Yes. For me my emotional state of mind greatly affects what I write on all levels, from melodies to phrasing, whether I like it or not. It seems impossible for it to be any other way. One thing seems certain: if I end up writing something I'm satisfied with, even if that something comes from an emotion that's generally considered negative, I'll almost always be in a good emotional state afterwards. If anyone else runs, it's kind of the same feeling after a long run.

Thanks for the encouragement guys ! I'm starting to feel much better, so the pills are definitively working :)

Christmas promotion on my Helix big pack ! Up to the 25th December, get it for 35 $ instead of 49 $ :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the encouragement guys ! I'm starting to feel much better, so the pills are definitively working :)

Based on my own experience with anxiety/depression, and that of my bi-polar daughter, I strongly encourage you to remain on your medication as prescribed. If the meds are working to make you feel better, that's when it gets tempting to say "I 'm feeling better now. I don't think I need my meds anymore." Big mistake. The meds are the reason you're feeling better, so guess what happens if you stop? My daughter made that mistake last year and spent the better part of three months recovering from it.

I could spend a long time spouting off about the stigma of mental illness. It's an illness, not a weakness. We don't say to diabetics "It's all in your head - just get over it. You don't need to be taking that stupid insulin." Why do we sometimes think and talk that way about a mental illness? The simple fact is that my brain doesn't retain a sufficient level of seratonin on its own. I need the SSRI, just like a diabetic needs insulin.

..... but don't get me started .... :lol: :angry:

• Upvote 1

Hi fremen , i've recently bough your 175 pack, with presets and IR.......

i'm confused about IRs, some have a amp model reffered to (fender, marshall,vox,etc......) others don' t .........

Would you please so kind to tell us wich kind of model are the IR refferred to please?

Merry cristhmas you all musicians

P.

I name them according to the amps they are best paired with or for the type of tones they're for

HG are for high gain

Marshall for Marshall family of amps

Blues-rock for boutique amps à la Dumble

etc :)

Merry Christmas everyone !