Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

You're welcome !

Guys let me share a little something with you. You may know that I have a Pink Floyd tribute project, and my presets are already in the big pack. Now I went a little further : the 2nd guitar player in my band, who also sings, is now using my Helix, and I adapted the presets for him accordingly - he doesn't play leads, however each preset has his guitar AND vocal effects. And it sounds great ! Adding a delay on specific words ("Us and them", "Comfortably numb", "Hey you"), with trails on, is a big plus. In fact I may get another Helix, the rack version, which will be used for our lead singer this time. Both will be synced in MIDI. I'll share a few rehearsal videos soon !

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fremen! Finally got a chance to check these out. Absolutely fantastic! I'm guessing the IR's are a combo of your own cabs and maybe some 3rd parties. this is the first time i 've used any IR's. Very impressed. This will save me so much time cause many of these will be used as templates. Just had to make some level adjustments for our practice spot/room. Keep up the great tones!

Thanks ! My IRs are a little more complex than that but they work very well for me in all sorts of musical genres.

I'm considering including tonematch presets in my next batch. I made some for the Axe-Fx and AmpliFire already so I already have the custom IRs. The caveat is that each preset would use its own IR, so the user IRs bank would be rapidly full (adding to all existing general purposes IRs). Thoughts on that ? Of course, you'll need to keep the IRs only for the tonematch presets that would suits you

• Upvote 1

Thanks ! My IRs are a little more complex than that but they work very well for me in all sorts of musical genres. I'm considering including tonematch presets in my next batch. I made some for the Axe-Fx and AmpliFire already so I already have the custom IRs. The caveat is that each preset would use its own IR, so the user IRs bank would be rapidly full (adding to all existing general purposes IRs). Thoughts on that ? Of course, you'll need to keep the IRs only for the tonematch presets that would suits you

Well since i own some of Chris Beavers tonematching presets aswell as yours my IR bank is almost full anyway i have some slots over for some 3Sigma and Ownhammer IR,s

Chris Petrucci pack fill up 25 slots alone since he did them with the Rectifier at first then they released the MKIV amp so he redid all those presets and also did a new tonematching IR for the MKIV.

And his Metal pack fill upp 10 slots add to that all his free tonematching "song presets" and 66 slots is filled

And those who bought his mega song pack should have no slots left i think :)

Then we have Glenn with his tonematching IR,s

It is very clear we need more IR slots in a future Helix update

Its no problem for me for now as i only use Helix in studio so i can load in and out new IR and presets whenever i want

I always rename IR and numbered them so its very easy to load them in the right spot and you also numbered your IR,s so no problem for me.

Thanks ! My IRs are a little more complex than that but they work very well for me in all sorts of musical genres. I'm considering including tonematch presets in my next batch. I made some for the Axe-Fx and AmpliFire already so I already have the custom IRs. The caveat is that each preset would use its own IR, so the user IRs bank would be rapidly full (adding to all existing general purposes IRs). Thoughts on that ? Of course, you'll need to keep the IRs only for the tonematch presets that would suits you

MMM...I still have room for a lot more IR's at this point so no issues for me. So you're making another tone pack? I'd be curious what you could do with an Adam Jones(Tool) preset. I'm a big fan of the Heavier stuff like that. As much as i like the blue/rock presets in the pack, i really like the heavier ones.

Me too.

The lack of IR management tools and the small number of available slots makes this a significant pain. I now have some Celestion IRs, plus the ones from Line 6 and a bunch of free stuff, that I haven't even tried. First, I have to inventory what my current patches use, then juggle everything around to create a bunch of ideally adjacent empty slots for new stuff, and manually remap my existing presets to the new locations. That's just to make room to TRY new stuff. Then I'd need to go through that all again once I figured out what to keep out of those, and probably do it again for additional audition rounds.

I know these are first world problems, even relative to modelers -- at least Helix can do all this. But realistically, so far every time I get some playing time, I've chosen to actually play and/or work on sounds, rather than go through all that first.

• 1 month later...

I really love this preset pack. Some things I'd wish for :

- some decent bass presets... there's not a lot of those going around

- some crazy leads for over-the-top soloing, with autofilters, unison and other effects

Granted, those crazy leads might be there and I just have to dive in a little deeper in to the patches.

• 3 weeks later...

Fremen:

I had your Amplifire pack, but recently moved to a Helix due to better effects and routing (Plus its just cooler).  For the Helix pack, is it the same as the Atomic, where all future updates are automatically included?  

I will update the presets if necessary, meaning if a firmware update corrupts them. But it's very unlikely. I'm currently working on a new pack for the Helix, featuring the latest additions in amps and effects, more multi-scenes presets, and some stuff for Variax users etc etc

Yes, compatibility is assured in all Helix versions - including the upcoming VST version

A new video, using the Archetype models :

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question I can't find an obvious answer to- are these patches just as useable if I play into fx return on my amp and simply bypass the irs or would I be wasting my money? Any free downloads to test a few examples before purchase? I'm aware of the 'starter pack' but if I purchased that then wanted the big pack would I get the €15 of the big pack?

I hope to release the new pack Tuesday night. The presets are ready, I just need to record a video and contact my Webmaster, as I don't know yet how to add packs to my website

Here's a taste of things to come :

I made almost 10 presets like that, most based on popular guitar songs, they're very fun to play :)

@twpmeister : I'm not sure my presets are for you. My focus are on amp+cab tones, so FRFR is recommended for my presets.

• Upvote 2

No unfortunately... The presets are ready but I'm too exhausted to write the presentation and do all needed for my website... It will be for Thursday

At least I recorded a video :

Very cool sir!

Is the Big pack add-on a standalone package, or does it use IRs from the main big pack? Wondering if it'd make sense for folks who are interested in what you've been up to lately, especially with the newer Helix models, while being less of an investment than the big pack.

just got ur presets awesome man. u were talking about a Double Whoooper cab , which one is that in the list?

Thanks ! It's N°101

Very cool sir!

Is the Big pack add-on a standalone package, or does it use IRs from the main big pack? Wondering if it'd make sense for folks who are interested in what you've been up to lately, especially with the newer Helix models, while being less of an investment than the big pack.

It uses a few IRs from the Big Pack, but not that many. There is much more IRs, and also presets, in the Big Pack

Thanks ! It's N°101

It uses a few IRs from the Big Pack, but not that many. There is much more IRs, and also presets, in the Big Pack

thx man. luving them so far. im stuck on the archon ones lol. gonna be a fun day today

Fremen, are the Valhallir IRs included with the add-on or to be purchased separately?

They're included ; IRs needed for my presets always are. It's the first time that I'm allowed to use commercial ones :)

how many ir's in this new add on pack? (i have the previous one already) I'm just about out of slots but may rearrange things if i buy this 😉

that's a handy video on using the 3 band comp too btw thanks 😉ðŸ‘

Thanks dude !

A tip for those who has the synthpad presets : bypass the first and second modulation blocks, and then the opto reverb, to hear the naked sound of the 4 OSC block. The first modulation adds some movement, the second one smooths out things (you can fine tune with the tone knob to make it more or less dark), then the reverb adds some shimmer, which makes the synths sounds a little like a strings section.

• Upvote 1