Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

Hello, it's complicated to add a credit card option because of where I live, I'm in Africa... Sorry for that ! But send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you. What country are you from ?

I just released a demo for the Pink Floyd presets, most of which have been upgraded :

The "Big pack" has been updated accordingly, current owners just need to re-download it

• 3 weeks later...

Am I missing something? Are the new presets with the 2.3 amps built in?  I redownloaded the 2 packs I purchased and I didn't see them in there. I'm at work and not sure I have the names right but I think I got the 'big' pack, and the 'add-on' pack.  Did they not have the 2.3 presets added?

Am I missing something? Are the new presets with the 2.3 amps built in? I redownloaded the 2 packs I purchased and I didn't see them in there. I'm at work and not sure I have the names right but I think I got the 'big' pack, and the 'add-on' pack. Did they not have the 2.3 presets added?

When you unzip the Big Pack you clearly see a folder which contains Pink Floyd presets made with FW 2.3 - it is in the name of the folder.

There will be more 2.3 presets comming I read in his reply of a comment of his YouTube Pink Floyd FW 2.3 presets demo. Probably, if I understand it correctly, in a separate pack in February, and he plans to include the next firmware (2.5?) with the new reverbs. Personally I love the FW 2.3 Pink Floyd presets, great stuff. I am a happy Megapack owner. Hope the comming pack is free for Megapack owners. :)

Ok, so I'll check out the PF presets.....but I'm not missing the individual Trainwreck/Cartographer presets then yet....thats what I was looking forward to.  I've been playing with them, but his IR's are what really make the difference, and I just can't seem to match them up well yet, lol

is $49 the Euro price or the USD price? It says Euro.

I see €49,00 and thats Euro. On that page I also see written: price: 49 euros. I don’t understand why you ask this....with all respect....but its obvious Euro to me. Or is the euro sign € not available for you, perhaps you see a dollar sign, in that case I understand the question. I see a euro sign, but I live in Europe. If you see a dollar sign then its a good question and then I don’t know the answer.

I see €49,00 and thats Euro. On that page I also see written: price: 49 euros. I don’t understand why you ask this....with all respect....but its obvious Euro to me. Or is the euro sign € not available for you, perhaps you see a dollar sign, in that case I understand the question. I see a euro sign, but I live in Europe. If you see a dollar sign then its a good question and then I don’t know the answer.

If you look back on this post, you will see that several poster used the $ symbol with $49 and $50. I was confused if there was a US site charging US currency.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, apologies for the late reply, i was traveling and just got back home. I didn't receive any notification for this thread when I was traveling. So, yes, the price is in euros, and yes, I will publish a new pack mostly based on the two latest firmwares

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, apologies for the late reply, i was traveling and just got back home. I didn't receive any notification for this thread when I was traveling. So, yes, the price is in euros, and yes, I will publish a new pack mostly based on the two latest firmwares

Hi my friend I bought the big pack and luv these presets amazing work - my question is what is the extra presets in mega pack compared to big pack your site does not list whats in mega pack

Can I purchase what I am missing from mega pack to add to my big pack

One last request can we get presets for Gilmour newer albums specifically songs:

Castellorizon

On an Island

The Blue

Take a Breath

========================

5 am

Rattle that lock

Maybe you can make a new product for helix for only Pink Floyd / Gilmour presets - would buy it in a second even after buying Floyd big pack presets  (provided you add newer Gilmour presets) - would really appreciate it - amazing work transformed my guitar playing - high hopes preset is amazing

Just noticed your Marooned video did not see that preset in big pack - need that preset also :) 

Hi my friend I bought the big pack and luv these presets amazing work - my question is what is the extra presets in mega pack compared to big pack your site does not list whats in mega pack

Can I purchase what I am missing from mega pack to add to my big pack

One last request can we get presets for Gilmour newer albums specifically songs:

Castellorizon

On an Island

The Blue

Take a Breath

========================

5 am

Rattle that lock

Maybe you can make a new product for helix for only Pink Floyd / Gilmour presets - would buy it in a second even after buying Floyd big pack presets  (provided you add newer Gilmour presets) - would really appreciate it - amazing work transformed my guitar playing - high hopes preset is amazing

Just noticed your Marooned video did not see that preset in big pack - need that preset also :)

The Megapack contains all my packs

I'll work on Gilmour presets after my 2.30/2.50 pack is complete

rsvette12, I was traveling and couldn't receive posts notifications. I'm still fighting jetlag since getting back in Mauritius (there's a 12 hours time difference with LA/SF, 9 hours with NY/Montréal, and 3 hours with Paris - these are the places where I spent 3 weeks)
  • Upvote 1

After hearing all the great reviews I am interested in buying your Big Pack. Should i wait for the new release? If  i purchase the Big Pack now  will it be updated to 2.50 for free for those who have purchased the Big Pack? Is  the   New Pack a completely different  pack or does it  contain the same sounds only  updated? Thanks !

Given the quality of Fremen's presets, trust me, its worth the wait and requires patience.  Whats the phrase cheap, fast, quality? Choose 2!

I think of Fremens tonal offerings as a custom order guitar.

Patience  isn't an issue but money is. No  way of knowing on how the new pack  will  differ from the one offered to  choose  which one to purchase.

Patience isn't an issue but money is. No way of knowing on how the new pack will differ from the one offered to choose which one to purchase.

Understandable...it will forever be a gamble, no matter what the demos sound like.

I think of Fremens tonal offerings as a custom order guitar.

Not a great analogy, imho...

When you buy a true custom instrument...and I mean the kind of thing made by a skilled craftsman for whom it's a labor of love, making a handful of instruments each year... you get EXACTLY what you specify.

By contrast, buying patches in bulk, upwards of 200 in this case, in the hopes that a small percentage turn out to be useful, is not exactly what I'd call a "custom" experience. It's throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and praying that something sticks, and is far closer to the factory guitar anointed as "custom" because it's available in chartreuse with mauve binding, or because it's got a famous name scrawled on the headstock.

But as always, ymmv.

Understandable...it will forever be a gamble, no matey what the demos sound like.

Not a great analogy, imho...

When you buy a true custom instrument...and I mean the kind of thing made by a skilled craftsman for whom it's a labor of love, making a handful of instruments each year... you get EXACTLY what you specify.

By contrast, buying patches in bulk, upwards of 200 in this case, in the hopes that a small percentage turn out to be useful, is not exactly what I'd call a "custom" experience. It's throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and praying that something sticks, and is far closer to the factory guitar anointed as "custom" because it's available in chartreuse with mauve binding, or because it's got a famous name scrawled on the headstock.

But as always, ymmv.

I don't disagree completely but my experience has been I do wait for in anticipation for Fremens presets.  When I'm away from the Helix and I know he has new stuff out it is just the worst time to not be at home with the helix, other preset guys not so much.

I would say imho I have not found a bad one in the bunch, now could I use them all? sure! However that might be 24 different sets and 500 songs.  That would make for some long, long gigs and a divorce!

He does a fantastic job, and the tweaking is minimal compared to other efforts.  And for somebody trying to learn their way around the helix in a minimal amount of time-his are worth the wait.

Fremen-thank you for your efforts, much respect for your talent, playing and effort!!  

He does a fantastic job, and the tweaking is minimal compared to other efforts.  And for somebody trying to learn their way around the helix in a minimal amount of time-his are worth the wait.

I agree to a point. He does mostly use his own IR's so you don't really learn about the cabs in the Helix and how to manipulate them. For me, this is a big step in learning the Helix and how to get the most out of it. Although I'm sure there are some that would say you don't need to. Having said that, his patches were worth it for me. I got the Mega pak.

Is there any good information on how to install everything correctly? I've installed everything but some of the tones just dont sound like the tones in your youtube videos. I set up all the wav files and everything in the right spots as well.

Is there any good information on how to install everything correctly? I've installed everything but some of the tones just dont sound like the tones in your youtube videos.

And they're not going to..."one size fits all" patches are a fantasy. The monitors, speakers, headphones, etc that you're listening through are responsible for at least half your tone. Then there's the guitar, the pickups, the listening environment itself, and especially the volume level, which all influence the tone.... and what all those things were on his end when he built the patch are a mystery, making any tonal continuity just dumb luck.

There's only one way to load a patch, so there's no "installation" tips to offer. You've done nothing wrong...trying to use other guy's patches is almost always a waste of time.

And they're not going to..."one size fits all" patches are a fantasy. The monitors, speakers, headphones, etc that you're listening through are responsible for at least half your tone. Then there's the guitar, the pickups, the listening environment itself, and especially the volume level, which all influence the tone.... and what all those things were on his end when he built the patch are a mystery, making any tonal continuity just dumb luck.

There's only one way to load a patch, so there's no "installation" tips to offer. You've done nothing wrong...trying to use other guy's patches is almost always a waste of time.

Interesting perspective. Though my experience is that – with a decent guitar and player, and a full-range speaker or PA – those "other guy's patches" can sound pretty darned good. The EQ settings usually need to be tweaked to better match guitars. I often turn first to Delaune and Freman patches when recording because they can be a huge time saver. (I go for the "amp" type patches, rather than the "artist/song" patches.) Of course, I don't listen to see if they sound exactly like the creator's youtube video or not; I'm just looking for usable tones.

That said, patch creation (especially learning amp/cabinet/IR block interactions and settings) is a skill that is worth developing.

Interesting perspective. Though my experience is that – with a decent guitar and player, and a full-range speaker or PA – those "other guy's patches" can sound pretty darned good.

It's not a "good"/"bad" thing...for the guys who don't like the patches they bought, the complaint is always the same: "this patch doesn't sound like the videos"... and they never really will, at least not without some adjustments. Now that doesn't mean you won't occasionally find one you like, but "sounds good" and "sounds identical" are two very different assessments. Don't think I've ever heard any of the guys who like them say: "they sound exactly like the videos!"

In my experience... and yes, I've tried...expecting a sound identical to what you've heard in a promo video to flow forth, when you're using a bunch of different gear, is a long wait for a train that ain't coming. And if I'm gonna hafta tweak stuff anyway in order to tone-match something I've heard, then I'm doing it from scratch...in the long run it's faster, and it doesn't cost me anything.

""sounds good" and "sounds identical" are two very different assessments."

Agreed! Its unrealistic for a user to think the patches will sound exactly like the videos when they use them with their setup, though quality speakers and guitar sure help! Still, I find good value in the patch sets some of these guys are working hard to create, and the market will decide which ones have staying power.

Is there any good information on how to install everything correctly? I've installed everything but some of the tones just dont sound like the tones in your youtube videos. I set up all the wav files and everything in the right spots as well.

Did you use the videos to decide what guitar to use. I did. That helped.

To sound close to my videos, you have to play on the same monitors you use for sound when you watch my video - so it's studio monitors. It's a basic rule :) then it will be very very close if you have guitars that are in the ballpark of the one I use. It can even sound better : I make most of my videos with an Ibanez that has a very generic sound. For clean tones, if you use guitar with better tonal characteristics, like a Strat, the sound will be better !

• Upvote 1

To sound close to my videos, you have to play on the same monitors you use for sound when you watch my video - so it's studio monitors. It's a basic rule :) then it will be very very close if you have guitars that are in the ballpark of the one I use. It can even sound better : I make most of my videos with an Ibanez that has a very generic sound. For clean tones, if you use guitar with better tonal characteristics, like a Strat, the sound will be better !

Get back to work on our new presets :) hope all is well

all is well, yes !

The Placater is awesome

Releasing the new pack will take a little more time, because I need to facilitate the transition at work (sub-editor in a newspaper) before I quit it to do music (and presets programming !) full time (I also have a recording studio). That means that in a few weeks, I'll have much more time to do presets programming, but also consulting, skype sessions, bonus presets for existing customers (including my own version of the stock presets, I got the green light from Line 6 for this), videos etc

• Upvote 2