Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

all is well, yes !

The Placater is awesome

Releasing the new pack will take a little more time, because I need to facilitate the transition at work (sub-editor in a newspaper) before I quit it to do music (and presets programming !) full time (I also have a recording studio). That means that in a few weeks, I'll have much more time to do presets programming, but also consulting, skype sessions, bonus presets for existing customers (including my own version of the stock presets, I got the green light from Line 6 for this), videos etc

WOAH. Can't wait for all of the goodies.

Thanks guys ! :)

Not Helix related, but related to my Pink Floyd cover band, where the second guitar player uses my Helix : a "Great gig in the sky" cover by our new backing vocalist. I wanted to share that musical moment with you. It's a first take, and we didn't want to fix the very few vocal blurps

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/8/2018 at 5:47 AM, fremen said:

Not Helix related, but related to my Pink Floyd cover band, where the second guitar player uses my Helix : a "Great gig in the sky" cover by our new backing vocalist. I wanted to share that musical moment with you. It's a first take, and we didn't want to fix the very few vocal blurps

That's your backing vocalist?  :)

What is your lead vocalist like? 

• Like 1

Thinking about grabbing some of these presets I'd be running them exclusively through Headphones Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms wondering if these presets translate well to headphones ?

Also do any of the packs include back tracks to play along with ?

19 hours ago, MarkeG said:

Thinking about grabbing some of these presets I'd be running them exclusively through Headphones Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms wondering if these presets translate well to headphones ?

Also do any of the packs include back tracks to play along with ?

MarkeG,

I use a Sennheiser HD280 headphones and all of Freman's patches sound great coming out.  

I own the Megapack, and the only "back track" that I'm aware of are the synth pad tones, which are a lot of fun!

14 minutes ago, BrokenGravity said:

MarkeG,

I use a Sennheiser HD280 headphones and all of Freman's patches sound great coming out.  

I own the Megapack, and the only "back track" that I'm aware of are the synth pad tones, which are a lot of fun!

Thanks for the reply

The reason I went with the DT-770 headphones is they seem to be about the top recommended headphones in the Helix forum 

See heres a search link for them  https://line6.com/support/search/?&q=dt770&type=forums_topic&nodes=86&sortby=newest

About the synth pad tones is that some kind of beat backing tracks created with the synth pad that you can play along with that comes with the Megapack ?

5 hours ago, MarkeG said:

About the synth pad tones is that some kind of beat backing tracks created with the synth pad that you can play along with that comes with the Megapack ?

Check these youtube videos made by Freman on the Synthpad pack link:

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/helix-synthpads-tonematches/

They are like a constant chord that is being played.  You can change keys as well. 

1 hour ago, BrokenGravity said:

Check these youtube videos made by Freman on the Synthpad pack link:

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/helix-synthpads-tonematches/

They are like a constant chord that is being played.  You can change keys as well. 

Nice  really looking like something i could have  fun with so for $25 i jumped on it.

Now I'm looking for some how to properly load them instructions not included.  With separate folders for User Cabs , Synthpads and Tonematches I don't have a clue ?

Anyone ??

Sucks being completely new to helix 

22 minutes ago, fremen said:

Instructions are included ! :)

I also have a DT-770, which I only use when learning songs

Where exactly do i find the instructions?

I'm not seeing them in the zip file ?

F.JPG

No, it's on the product page (but, I'll add it to the document too). I use the drag & drop method, imho the easiest/quickest method

IRs

You need to put the user IRs in the right places – “090 LX TDR HG1.wav” goes to user spot 090, etc.

Watch this video for the easiest procedure :

8 hours ago, fremen said:

No, it's on the product page (but, I'll add it to the document too). I use the drag & drop method, imho the easiest/quickest method

IRs

You need to put the user IRs in the right places – “090 LX TDR HG1.wav” goes to user spot 090, etc.

Watch this video for the easiest procedure :

16 hours ago, fremen said:

Instructions are included ! :)

I also have a DT-770, which I only use when learning songs

Got it now thanks :)

Thought I was loosing it when you said Instructions are included :)

I must of read the included files 10x    no Instructions are included  

Wondering if you can recommend any particular settings for the DT-770's to help tweak them to get the most out of your patches? ?

I must have something  set wrong the patches just not  sounding right sound like I'm playing inside a tin can 

14 hours ago, MarkeG said:

Got it now thanks :)

Thought I was loosing it when you said Instructions are included :)

I must of read the included files 10x    no Instructions are included  

Wondering if you can recommend any particular settings for the DT-770's to help tweak them to get the most out of your patches? ?

I must have something  set wrong the patches just not  sounding right sound like I'm playing inside a tin can 

If you make a backup with HX edit after you have imoprted all IR's it will save the IR's aswell so when you load that backup it will put the right IR in the right slot.

Cant really comment on DT 770 i use AKG 271 myself when i record and his presets sounds good on those.

I also have very old AKG K 340 cans i use for mixing and those also sounds good on my Helix

On 3/8/2018 at 3:47 AM, fremen said:

Well I guess sometimes ya just have to make do with what ya got. ;) (just kidding of course)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My new pack has been released, finally ! 53 presets and 26 user IRs. It's my most complex work yet, with many snapshots and real time control of specific parameters (morphing etc). I love the new amps, specially the Placater, Cali Texas Ch2, Cartographer and Derailed Ingrid...

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/fremen-helix-2-30-2-50-update-pack/

On 5/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, rsvette12 said:

I bought the big pack is this an update or do I have to purchase this ? thanks 

Oh will these work with Native 1.5 should I assume

This not an update to the Big Pack, but a new pack. Will work in Native of course, in fact I tweaked some of the presets in Native

On 5/3/2018 at 2:20 AM, rsvette12 said:

Is there any updated Floyd stuff ?

Just a new version of The Wall Pt 1, with a drone added, in the new pack

• Like 1

Fremen knocked it out of the park with this release. I use Helix Native for studio work and songwriting, and these presets are stunning and inspirational, especially in stereo. The preset "Triple Clean" is almost worth the price of admission alone. These are not quick-and-easy presets; they're meticulous. Some are extremely complex, and the attention to detail regarding tone, effects setting, and amp/pickup interaction are top-notch.

There's a huge variety of stuff here, useful for studio and for live performance. Rhythm, dual amp, clean, lead, meat-and-potatoes. Special effects, too; for example, "The Wall drone" simulates the synth tone from "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 1" and if you study the preset you can customize it for different tones and pitches — and then play it like a synth using snapshots for note pitch changes. There are also useful morphing presets that make great use of an expression pedal.

Great use of snapshots. Great deployment of the new amps. Just all-around great. (My only complaint is that I had to reshuffle a bunch of my IRs and remap  presets to match IR numbers, but that's not a fault of this collection — its a fault of the rigid and inflexible Helix IR slot system.)

Highly recommended! Sets a new standard for preset purchases.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 11:59 PM, knoxdaz10 said:

woooooo i checked everyday and now ive been rewarded! brought straight away. all i use is fremen presets lol. hes a preset genius thats for sure. way better than glenn

I wouldn't say "way better", I'd say different .... glenn's stuff is excellent, they have their own applications, and we should be glad to have both of these guys designing and offering high-quality presets.

• Like 2

I tried these with my firehawk 1500 and EV Zlx12p(stereo pa set up with subs)They are amazing. All of your presets have been tones you can use right out of the box. I have purchased other presets from suggestions on the line 6 forum, but very few are good sounding without massive amounts of tweaking. Giving credit where credit is due would be the 3sigma presets (very basic good starts, nothing fancy, still need tweaks and your own effects). They are the only other close to usable tones I have tried. I have purchased several different tones looking for the holy grail. fremen's are darn close. I know people will say that you have to make your own tones, but it takes way too much time. I am a working musician and These tones have made my life easier. fremen your stuff sings. Some of the lead tones are Nuno B. reminiscent. You are a mastermind of soul and feel for guitar tones. Thank you for the hard work, I know how long it takes me to make just one great tone.....that's why I wait for yours. I hardly ever post, but I have to recognize greatness!
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 1m
  • Like 1