Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

4 hours ago, fremen said:

Most of the Friedman patches in my last pack already have snapshots with a clean amp ; but I can update a couple with the proper clean model, no problem ! But I'll give priority to my new pack. As from now, I'll probably mostly do small packs - including one for clean amps + special effects. When I'm in programming mode I'm a workaholic and most of a time I just work too much, I need to take care of my health too ;)

Health #1. All else follows.... 

Small focused packs are appreciated — I like your collections that are focused on great tone for original performance and studio work. Your creative use of special effects is icing on the cake.

What about presets that utilize the newer reverbs from 2.50.  As you probably know, on 2.60 the newer reverbs got considerably wetter so most are having to dial back the mix as much as 50%, and lower decay too. 

Im not sure what presets would be affected by this, but will there be any updaying needed as a result of this?

On many of the packs presets, you can modify the effects (including reverb) to get the exact sound you want. So its not such a big deal to change out the reverbs. I like that sort of flexibility, because the bulk of the tones are not dependent on effects to sound good; most of the great tones in the 2.5 collection come from the clever integration of amp settings and custom IRs.

BTW, the new reverbs sound fantastic on the right material.....

18 hours ago, guitar1969 said:

What about presets that utilize the newer reverbs from 2.50.  As you probably know, on 2.60 the newer reverbs got considerably wetter so most are having to dial back the mix as much as 50%, and lower decay too. 

Im not sure what presets would be affected by this, but will there be any updaying needed as a result of this?

Going to check this soon, will update if necessary !

Checked, and updated. The 15 presets using the new reverbs sounded "wetter" than normal, and were tweaked accordingly. You can find them in a new "2.60 update" folder.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, fremen said:

Checked, and updated. The 15 presets using the new reverbs sounded "wetter" than normal, and were tweaked accordingly. You can find them in a new "2.60 update" folder.

and where do you get these updates? I re-downloaded everything and i dont see that folder

New presets coming soon ! Each mini-pack will focus on one high gain amp and will have 16 "8 snapshots" presets + a stereo dual amp preset. The snapshots (1 rhythm, 2 lead, 3 crunch, 4 clean, 5 clean with modulation, 6 stereo rhythm, 7 stereo lead and 8 recording) and settings will be almost the same, it's mostly the cab and EQ that will vary. Just use the one(s) you like the best ! Those will be for live playing AND recording, and will use 16 brand new custom IRs. Some will also include the two latest amp models for the clean snapshots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI4JpqJTxNY

In fact, I made those new IRs for studio first. But the presets will work for everything, if you're a metalhead ! later I'll do some more for more vintage users

• 2 weeks later...

OFF TOPIC slightly but don't shoot me! 

You'll laugh but my HELIX is temporarily upstairs -deliberately put out of reach so I can focus on how much i can do with just an iPad and MIDI pedals etc as one-man-band. So,...... have just purchased Bias Amp and FX. And - apart from DSP draw ( on my iPad Air 2 ) am actually quite impressed. Think its useable... until Line6 make something like the AmpliFireBox for the HELIX - i.e. a tiny box with minimal basics that i could take to open mics.

So...... any chance or plans to make some Fremen presets for the Bias AMP 2 iOS/VSTseries ? I guess one issue is i don't think they allow custom impulse responses on iOS. But maybe if you do a deal with BIAS.... who knows ?

I don't have Apple products, and I won't work with any processor which doesn't have IR capabilities either, unfortunately. IR loading was what sold me on the Helix after the announcement :) My custom IRs are central to my sounds...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, soundog said:

Metalheads will love it, but I'll be waiting for vintage. I like the concept of mini-packs; affordable and focused on a particular music style/sound.

You may want to grab the free Plexi pack. It has 6 presets (instead of 17) and 7 IRs (instead of 17).

In each preset, snapshots 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 uses the same IR (17, or 18 etc) ; snapshots 4 & 5 uses the “clean” IR

Preset 1 = IR 17
Preset 2 = IR 18
Preset 3 = IR 19
Preset 4 = IR 2
Preset 5 = IR 10
Preset 6 = IR 6

Hi Fremen,

Iam trying to buy 3 packs but getting this error when the 10% discount is applied.

Error: This discount is not active.

Error: One or more of the discounts you entered is invalid

Hope you can fix this quickly as these presets look so good, thankyou for making them!

6 hours ago, h33f0x said:

Hi Fremen,

Iam trying to buy 3 packs but getting this error when the 10% discount is applied.

Error: This discount is not active.

Error: One or more of the discounts you entered is invalid

Hope you can fix this quickly as these presets look so good, thankyou for making them!

My apologies for this ! I forwarded your message to my webmaster. Implementing the discount system has been a real nightmare, maybe I should just remove it and replace it by an "amp pack megapack" at a heavily discounted price. It would work much better...

• Thanks 1

Thanks ! I hope they all are ;) I was really surprised by some amps that I didn't use that much, like the Badonk...

A quick news guys : unfortunately the discount system didn't work as intended ; it worked for some people, didn't for others, and some weren't even able to buy anything. So I removed it and replaced it by a discount bundle with all the packs. My apologies for that !

Any Judas Priest fans here ? :) This is a quick demo of two presets from my "Amp packs". For each channel, I use the 8th snapshot, optimized for recording. I'm NOT trying to copy the original tone ! I just took the very first preset from my "Angl Meteor" and "Line 6 Badonk" packs and used them as they are.

• Like 1

Meatiest (is that a word?) low end = Badonk. But really, with my IR N°10 in this pack (and not only this one btw), most high gain amp models will have enough low end. For Dream Theater, the Cali IV lead is the obvious choice, and it's my favorite amp model with the Placater and the Archetype. With the right IR and settings, Angl Meteor, Cali Rectifire, German Ubersonic are also equally good at low end chugging

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jefflynyrd said:

I bought the Big Pack and love it Fremen, you are awesome. And giving away Vintage tones and IRs??? You are THE MAN! I'm interested in older Lynyrd Skynrd tones!

Hello, thanks !  A few tones in the "Synthpads & Tonematches" pack are more vintage in vibe. I should do more of those for sure !

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, jefflynyrd said:

I bought the Big Pack and love it Fremen, you are awesome. And giving away Vintage tones and IRs??? You are THE MAN! I'm interested in older Lynyrd Skynrd tones!

Try Fremen's Park Crunch. I barely tweaked it, added a dist in front for solos, and some slight reverb/delay to my taste after. It sounds almost perfect, especially with a Strat.

Took me all of 5 minutes during soundcheck before a gig when my singer, out of the blue,  asked us to cover "What's your Name" for that night's throwdown.

I'll try to post it on Customtone after this cluster of shows.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, Wallyg said:

Try Fremen's Park Crunch. I barely tweaked it, added a dist in front for solos, and some slight reverb/delay to my taste after. It sounds almost perfect, especially with a Strat.

Took me all of 5 minutes during soundcheck before a gig when my singer, out of the blue,  asked us to cover "What's your Name" for that night's throwdown.

I'll try to post it on Customtone after this cluster of shows.

No problem with that ! But don't post the user IR please ;)

6 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Quick question asked fremen but thought I would ask here also why would sound come out off one side of headphones in helix native other presets are not doing that - its his "wish you were here" preset - thanks 

How do you use Native, in a DAW ? I had the same issue with SONAR when it's inserted on a mono track, but on a stereo track, it's fine

aaah, the embed is working this time :

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...