Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, themetallikid said:

Just purchased this morning, the Big Pack and the Big Pack Add On.....can't wait to redo all my presets and just tweak for my performance needs and not worry about tone. 

I downloaded the Hot Plexi and Alter Bridge free presets to check them out as a test run and liked what I heard. 

Thanks for your work!  I'm sure I'll have questions on how to adapt them to my needs. 

On a quick note, to speed up time later, do I have to import the files one by one, or can I do a bulk load and they will load correctly?

I'm pretty new to the Helix and started searching like the whole internet for some presets to start with. Would you tell me where you found that Alter Bridge Preset? :) I could only find the Plexi Preset you have mentioned! That would be awesome Thank you very much! :)

On 12/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, s2pascho said:

I'm pretty new to the Helix and started searching like the whole internet for some presets to start with. Would you tell me where you found that Alter Bridge Preset? :) I could only find the Plexi Preset you have mentioned! That would be awesome Thank you very much! :)

I dont recall, I do remember thought that it was not very impressive.  Was super bass heavy, and didnt seem to have the right feel....

2 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

I dont recall, I do remember thought that it was not very impressive.  Was super bass heavy, and didnt seem to have the right feel....

If I recall well it was specifically made for a Variax guitar, with alternate tunings etc

I just posted a firmware 2.70 update for the Big pack. All the Pink Floyd presets received a lifting, there's also presets for other Pink Floyd songs not covered before, and updates for 48 of the main presets, with more to come.

Quick question if I keep your older pink floyd presets and dump your new ones into a new user folder will the ir's still reference back to the new 2.70 floyd  presets versions that are in a different folder ? without having to do anything - thanks 

hi fremen, i brought the bigpack in 2017 and now that u have updated it, i need a new download link, because my old link is for an old 2.30 version or something.

i brought some packs in 2018 and they are available on ur site, but it doesnt show i already purchased the bigpack

7 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Quick question if I keep your older pink floyd presets and dump your new ones into a new user folder will the ir's still reference back to the new 2.70 floyd  presets versions that are in a different folder ? without having to do anything - thanks 

Yes, the IRs selection didn't change

2 hours ago, knoxdaz10 said:

hi fremen, i brought the bigpack in 2017 and now that u have updated it, i need a new download link, because my old link is for an old 2.30 version or something.

i brought some packs in 2018 and they are available on ur site, but it doesnt show i already purchased the bigpack

You shouldn't have any problem with downloading the file from the "purchase history" section of my website, it's still the "Big Pack", the updates are just additional folders in the .zip file

On 12/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, fremen said:

You shouldn't have any problem with downloading the file from the "purchase history" section of my website, it's still the "Big Pack", the updates are just additional folders in the .zip file

no fremen i dont have my original bigpack purchase on ur website. i brought it before you had that website. the old link i have takes my to a different web address, not ur website. 

think back, where did you first put ur bigpack up to? because as i said its an old link so it only has old versions 

my link for bigpack is from https://www.e-junkie.com

my newer purchases from you are on ur website. but NOT the bigpack.

the link u sent me when i got the bigpack is https://www.e-junkie.com/d/?t=2SD68198XN9.... ( i didnt put the link in full )

so what do i do to get ur new bigpack upgrade?

Edited by knoxdaz10
needed to add more

New FRFR demo, this time with the Powercab, using a looper in the Axe-Fx III, and the effects return of the Katana.

My favorite one is still the CLR - if only it wasn't so heavy !

The Powercab is good and comes close to the CLR in this video ; in real the difference is bigger. The Powercab volume was at max (sound was coming out low from the Axe output 4, I don't know why), but on the CLR and the Katana, it was only around 30 %. The Katana is usable but has too much low end resonance, and a more nasally sound. The Redsound is not a real FRFR speaker ; it works too but I miss the clarity I have with the CLR and Powercab, specially for clean tones and acoustics.

In rehearsals, with my Tribute to Pink Floyd band, I use the Powercab. But live I'll use the CLR(s)

Here I'm using the Powercab, in tilted position

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I originally recorded this cover of my favorite band with the Axe-Fx III ; here's a Helix version. All the guitar & bass DI tracks, except the "synth" ones (not possible with Helix), has been reamped through Native. I also added the presets to my "Big pack" in a bonus folder.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, soundog said:

Is your new vintage pack still on the way?

You mean, amp packs with the vintage amps ? No, unfortunately the amp packs didn't sell well enough to justify the effort.  But I'm working on a djent pack, for which the demand is much bigger

• Like 1

Last Aug you came out with a bunch of mini amp packs that were heavy/metal focused, and mentioned you would be next be doing vintage/blues focused. That's what I was inquiring about. Perhaps demand would be higher for meat and potatoes amps? The Brit Plexi was nice...

OK, got ya. Maybe I can do something with the Marshall, yes. I need to finish the Stomp presets and the djent pack first, and also update almost 600 presets for the Axe-Fx III, which I'll do in April

• Like 1

https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-hx-stomp-presets-packs/

My HX Stomp presets are now available !

No demo for now because I suffer from tendinitis, and with a rehearsal tonight/my big gig of the year this Saturday, I'm resting my right arm/hand. But I'll record one soon

preset list available here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cadqczmx9seplw/Fremen_HX_Stomp_presets_%26_cabs.xls?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
For my birthday today, all my presets packs for Helix and HX Stomp are now on sales (-35%) with the code "TDRBIRTHDAY", valid today (17 April) and tomorrow only !

I'll also be on Marketplace very soon :)

Happy birthday ;)

I purchased your big pack and synth pack. I have 4 days off work starting tomorrow, this will be a fun weekend !

I saw you speaking about your "double whoooper cab" IR and would love to try it, but i have no real use of the "big pack add on" he is part off. Is there any way to get this IR as a standalone? 

22 hours ago, BigJayBrian said:

Happy birthday ;)

I purchased your big pack and synth pack. I have 4 days off work starting tomorrow, this will be a fun weekend !

I saw you speaking about your "double whoooper cab" IR and would love to try it, but i have no real use of the "big pack add on" he is part off. Is there any way to get this IR as a standalone? 

That IR is from valhallir.at, and as such, my deal with them is that I can only distribute it with my presets pack

On 4/18/2019 at 3:45 AM, BigJayBrian said:

Happy birthday ;)

I'll echo the same sentiments - Happy Birthday!  I had previously bought all of Fremen's bigger packs and just got the Hi-Gain Amp Pack and the Synth/Tonematch pack.  I really enjoyed the synths - they're great for soloing over and not worrying about getting the "looper" or a drum machine just right.  It's also amazing how different the many tones for each Hi-Gain amp can sound, with "just" EQ, light effects, and amp paramter and settings changes.  I also appreciate the organization of the snapshots and IR's.  It took me about 10 minutes to get everything loaded and ready to go.  Happy playing, all!

• 3 weeks later...