Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my 5 favorite lead presets for the HX Stomp/Helix
Guitars : Music Man Majesty, Strandberg Original 7, Tom Anderson Angel, Ibanez RG1070 Premium

Backing tracks : Claudio Pietronik, Gianluca Ferro, Marco Sfogli
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, apologies for the late answer, I wasn't in my country and couldn't access my email so I got no notification. you will need to convert them using something like r8brain PRO. Strange that Helix and Powercab uses different khz settings as default...

• 2 months later...

New pack available, for Helix v 2.82 ! 36 presets for djent and modern prog metal (20 normal presets with 8 snapshots, 16 dual amp stereo presets, to mimic double tracking), which works for 6, 7 and 8 strings guitars.
Also included are 9 user cabs, and a detailed tweaking guide, should you want to adjust something to your specific instrument, or just personalize the sound.

The snapshots of the 20 main presets are as follow :
1 Rhythm
2 Gated Rhythm, for those ultra syncopated riffs
3 Radio SFX (the “telephone” sound)
4 Lead
5 Clean
6 Clean with delay
7 Clean with modulation
8 Clean ambient (much more delay & reverb)
I didn't make a proper demo yet but in this video, I reamped some DI tracks by Sarah Longfield and Nolly through Helix Native, using those presets/

I'll now focus on a classic rock pack, using "classic" instruments : GiBson Les Paul, SG & ES-335, Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

My Helix Djent pack is now available for HX Stomp here :
https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/line-6-hx-stomp-djent-prog-metal-pack/

I also released my first and only Line 6 HX Effects pack, with 61 presets, including 20 for Pink Floyd songs

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/fremen-hx-effects-pack/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMPORTANT UPDATES

My Helix Big Pack, the very first one I released, just received a complete firmware 2.82 update. All the presets were reviewed, a few bugs were fixed (trails off on some reverb blocks etc), and the snapshots were named where needed. Almost all presets now have various snapshots. This is of course a free update for current owners, they just need to re-download the zip file.

I also released a new pack, Classic Rock & Hard-Rock. It's my second biggest pack with 128 presets, and uses all amp models suitable for classic rock/vintage hard rock tones, including all the amp models added with firmware 2.60 (Cali Texas Ch1, Placater Clean) and firmware 2.80 (Fullerton Nrm, Fullerton Brt, Fullerton Jump, Grammatico Nrm, Grammatico Brt, Grammatico Jump, Revv Gen Red). I usually use modern superstrats to make presets, but this pack was made with a Gibson SG and checked with other classic type guitars (Les Paul, Stratocaster, Telecaster). If you're into classic rock, and hard rock from the seventies (and some eighties too), look no further !

Last but not least : there was a Megapack for my first 5 packs (Big Pack, Big Pack Add-On, Synthpads & Tonematches, Starter Pack, Acoustic Pack) ; there is now a new bundle for my three other packs (2.30/2.50 Pack - Djent & Prog Metal - Classic Rock & Hard-Rock), at a reduced price.

you're welcome ! Please note, only the version in my website has been updated, I've sent the file to Line 6 for Marketplace but this always takes a few days to be updated

Yes, pick them up for sure! I was up waaay too late last night playing with these new Classic Rock/Hard Rock presets. Highly recommended! Its a really generous pack, I’m still making my way through it (128 presets by my count!). Theres a folder of presets for the new 2.8 amps, one for the “original” amps, and one for a variety of overdrives into amps that you can easily customize (perfect for lead guitar and feedback junkies). Theres a healthy bunch of custom IRs too. Each preset has up to 8 snapshots (usually with various clean, crunch, rhythm, and lead tones). There’s even a handy spreadsheet summarizing which cabinet IRs go with which presets, and which amps are used. You can tell these weren't thrown together and shoved out quickly .... a lot of care went into them.

I like making my own presets and have gotten pretty good at it, but I always learn a lot when studying creative presets like these. Some use parallel IRs. The use of effects is clever, and sound great in stereo recordings. When a single amp is used for multiple presets, there are useful changes to deeper amp settings (sag, ripple, bias, etc). I think some of my favorites are included with the new 2.8 amps, especially the 8 Grammatico presets, and the combo Fullerton and Grammatico preset. 

These presets could be used for rock (hard or soft), alt rock, funk, blues, pop, or even country chicken picking. The range of accessible tones is huge. They'd be great for live work, but also sound great using them with Helix Native for recording. I’ll be using these a lot, and can already tell this will be one of my “go to” bunch of presets.

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments, made my day !

I'm going to add a bonus preset with the classic sound from a very popular New England band of the seventies/eighties, and also fix a small bug on a few presets (delay volume to high in lead scenes)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fremen said:

Thanks for your comments, made my day !

I'm going to add a bonus preset with the classic sound from a very popular New England band of the seventies/eighties, and also fix a small bug on a few presets (delay volume to high in lead scenes)

Yeah, I noticed the delay/reverb was turned up pretty high on some of the leads, especially in the 2.8 set .... so I just turned the block mixes down. But I always adjust the effects on presets to fit the song anyway. Nice, though, that you're fixing the ones that seem "buggy." Awesome job on these, BTW.

Boston it is, of course :) Here's my take on the classic Rockman X100 sound. This is a bonus preset added to the "Classic rock & hard rock"  pack. The faulty presets had also been fixed, so grab the update on my website !

3 hours ago, fremen said:
Boston it is, of course :) Here's my take on the classic Rockman X100 sound. This is a bonus preset added to the "Classic rock & hard rock"  pack. The faulty presets had also been fixed, so grab the update on my website !

THAT, is the closest I've heard to that ellusive Boston sound. Very well crafted.

• Like 1

I bought the "Classic rock & hard rock"  pack last Weekend. I didn't have much time to check out all of this pack. But the few patches i tested were great.

Thank you for another great work that save me hours of trying to find good patches by myself :-)

• Like 1

How many riffs can you recognize, friends ?
These are some riffs I liked to play in my younger guitar years, and most are from the 70's-80's. Some are well known, some not so much ! It's not meant to be a really coherent medley, I just pasted together songs I liked to play, and even covered with my bands.

I didn't try to nail the original tones, I just used a few presets from my "Classic Rock & Hard Rock Pack". Sometimes there's not enough gain but that's how that pack is, most of the riffs here are from metal bands but this is a classic rock/hard rock pack ;)

Just picked up pack haven't tried any others yet Boston tone alone is excellent  - thank you Buddy great work

Would you consider Gilmour solo albums tones - his newer stuff the obvious hits from his new solo albums pretty please - well done 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Just picked up pack haven't tried any others yet Boston tone alone is excellent  - thank you Buddy great work

Would you consider Gilmour solo albums tones - his newer stuff the obvious hits from his new solo albums pretty please - well done 

He plays in a Pink Floyd cover band and he has a bunch of Pink Floyd patches in at least one of his packs. Specifically the Big Pack. Worth checking out.

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/big-pack-helix/

• Like 2

Thanks ! :)

I just recorded a demo for a new pickups set on my Fender Strat, "Fishman Fluence Single Width Strat Loaded Set". Some sounds are from my "Big Pack", others (most?) from the "Classic Rock & Hard Rock" pack

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 3:19 AM, fremen said:

Thanks ! :)

I just recorded a demo for a new pickups set on my Fender Strat, "Fishman Fluence Single Width Strat Loaded Set". Some sounds are from my "Big Pack", others (most?) from the "Classic Rock & Hard Rock" pack

I like the tones a lot. How much do you like those pickups over other pickups you've used on your Strat. I've been shopping for a set and they look interesting.

P.S. you have an outstanding collection of t-shirts!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing. Not my style of playing (dent/metalish), but you cover all the bases from clean/light to nasty/heavy. The youtube reviewer did extensive testing on a lot of preset makers and concluded (as I and others on this forum have); your presets are not a rip-off and are, in fact, excellent. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...