Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fremen's Helix presets

fremen

Thanks Fremen, I bought all your preset pack and enjoyed them so much! Save me lots of time.

would you consider doing presets by request? If possible, can you do Satriani tone by album or his tone area? I’m more than happy to purchase!!

Thanks for your comments ! I don't currently do presets by request, maybe in the future... However my next pack will probably be about song based presets, songs that most heavy rock cover bands plays, and I'll probably throw in some Satch songs too

• 4 weeks later...

New pack for HX Stomp :

This pack has 102 presets and 101 IRs for the HX Stomp with firmware 2.91 and above. The idea was to use as many different electric guitars/pickups as possible and make acoustic simulation presets for each of them, to maximize the chances to have presets that will fit your guitar. These are brand new presets, not a simple conversion of the Helix versions : I used 5 different acoustic guitar sounds sources to make these, so for each instrument/pickup selector position (like a Fender Stratocaster in neck position), there are five different presets, each using a specific IR made from one of the five acoustic sources. Each preset also has 3 snapshots.

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/hx-stomp-acoustic-simulation-pack/

• 3 weeks later...
Free presets (link below) and pack update :

I used a new procedure to convert my acoustic IRs into HX Stomp (and Helix) format, and re-tweaked all the presets from the HX Stomp acoustic Simulation pack accordingly. This video shows the 10 presets for a Fender Stratocaster.
You can download two free presets, and their IRs, from this pack here :
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the Classic Rock presets right now in the studio, working on a new album. This pack has become my "go to" set of presets when I'm looking for the perfect tone. I can always find what I need there without a lot of tweaking or work needed. The included matching IRs are the frosting for all of the lovely cakes. Thanks for making presets .... they never disappoint.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Now also available for the Pod GO, the Pink Floyd presets pack, with presets for 26 songs. If the demo is for the HX Stomp version, the sounds for the Pod GO version are exactly the same 

These 81 presets covers 26 Pink Floyd songs : Another brick in the wall Pt 1 & 2, The happiest days of our  lives, Breathe, Comfortably numb, Echoes, Goodbye blue sky, Have a  cigar, Hey you, High hopes, In the flesh, Marooned, Money, Mother, On  the turning away, Run like hell, Shine on you crazy diamond, The final  cut, The great gig in the sky, Time, Us and them, Any color you like,  Brain damage/Eclipse, Wish you were here, Young lust (with “Sorrow”  intro). Also included are 8 user cabs (IRs). 

The  songs are those I play with my Pink Floyd cover band. Most of the time  we cover the original studio versions, sometimes it’s the live versions.  For “Mother”, we play the Roger Waters “The Wall” live version ; for  “Any color you like”, the Dream Theater cover version. “Money” is  tweaked for the “Delicate sound of thunder” live version, “Comfortably  numb” too. Note that I used an Axe-Fx II, then Axe-FX III, live with my  band. This pack, made after receiving many requests, is a recreation of  those Axe-Fx presets, also available for the Line 6 Helix (in my "Big Pack") & HX  Stomp.

No, it cover the same songs, but for the Pod GO, many songs needs multiple presets, where with the Helix, I used snapshots. The Pod Go is much more limited, no dual amps etc

11 hours ago, fremen said:

No, it cover the same songs, but for the Pod GO, many songs needs multiple presets, where with the Helix, I used snapshots. The Pod Go is much more limited, no dual amps etc

I have a pod go but only for an interface - I use Helix native in studio one daw - noticed you had a bunch of tones for each song do you think it might be interesting to try this non snapshot versions in a helix native ? might have some interesting tones - what do you think - I like to support you just curious what you think 

If you don't have the Helix version, you can try it, for sure ; but the Helix version, with more CPU power, has more stuff, and most presets cover a full song, with snapshots.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eoy-jpg.76693

End of year sales are now on ! get -25% on all my presets packs with the code "BYEBYE2020"

New : I ported my Rockman X100 tonematch preset to the HX Stomp (Rock pack) and the Pod Go (Metal vol. 1 pack) :

• 1 month later...
Free 3.01 presets added to some of my Helix & HX Stomp packs !
Helix users : I added bonus presets in the following packs :
- "The Djent pack" : 2 new presets (with Das Benzin amp models)
- "Big Pack add-on" : 12 new presets (with Das Benzin and Us Princess amp models, and some new effects too)
HX Stomp users : I added bonus presets in the following packs :
- "Djent & Prog Metal" : 2 new presets (with Das Benzin amp models)
- "Cleans" : 6 new presets (US Princess amp model)
- "Metal" : 4 new presets (with Das Benzin amp models)
To access the new presets, just re-download the .zip file from the "purchase history" section of my website ( https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-helix/ and https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-hx-stomp/ )
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Some parts of a song from my band, with guitars reamped through Helix Native v 3.0, using the Das Benzin (Diezel VH4) amp model.

Song : "Priceless innocence", by Feedback, originally released in 1991, and re-recorded for Feedback's second album, "A moment of transition" (2009). Full version of the song (not with Helix though) here :

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2021 at 9:13 PM, fremen said:
Free 3.01 presets added to some of my Helix & HX Stomp packs !
Helix users : I added bonus presets in the following packs :

Im a bit confused you have presets instead of snapshots for each tone ? thanks much 

How can I reverse the up and down direction for presets (snapshots) - not seeing anyway of doing that like you could in helix

The  Pod Go is not powerful enough to use snapshots for most of the presets - in the same song I may need a different amp model, a drive instead of a modulation etc. So, for consistency, I used different presets instead of snapshots (plus, you can't name those). Only in a few presets (like In The Flesh, Young Lust) I could have used snapshots to alternate between rhythm and lead but i find it easier to use all the presets the same way

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Attention, to the users of my HX Stomp presets packs : they have all been updated to firmware 3.10 ! All presets have now up to 8 blocks. Bonus presets added to the "Metal" pack, adapted from my Helix "Synthpads" pack : synth chords to solo over ! One bonus preset, also a "synthpad" one, added to the Pink Floyd pack.

All the updates are available on my website ( https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-hx-stomp/ ) ; the Marketplace versions will be available next week.

Helix users : the Pink Floyd presets of the "Big Pack" are also updated to firmware 3.10. Two more presets added.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to use all my electric guitars (15) in a single song and this one is perfect for that, as it has many question/answer solos ! The first part, which fades in, is normally much longer but I'm going to re-record it with a guest, so I just used a few seconds here - the full version will be uploaded later. "Song for Katmandu" was originally released on my solo album in 1993, which was recorded on a 8 tracks with a Art SGX2000. With the Helix, I have so much more tones at my disposal, and they're way, way better ! The various presets used here are from my different packs, slightly tweaked (delay/reverb bypassed, and more gain for the guitars with weaker pickups). Get them at https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-helix/ (same tones available for HX Stomp and Pod Go)

• 6 months later...

I have re-tweaked my "Djent & Prog-Metal" presets pack with a 7 strings guitars with Fishman Fluence Javier Reyes signature set. The new version of the presets is more aggressive, with more gain and low end/high end

For the first part, I used DI Tracks by Xavier Pompon. It's a cover of Monuments, "Origin of escape"

For the second part, I used DI tracks from "Mixing extreme metal by Chernobyl Studios", available on Pro Mix Academy.

1 hour ago, fremen said:

I have re-tweaked my "Djent & Prog-Metal" presets pack with a 7 strings guitars with Fishman Fluence Javier Reyes signature set. The new version of the presets is more aggressive, with more gain and low end/high end

For the first part, I used DI Tracks by Xavier Pompon. It's a cover of Monuments, "Origin of escape"

For the second part, I used DI tracks from "Mixing extreme metal by Chernobyl Studios", available on Pro Mix Academy.

Thank you Mr. freemen.

Quick question here: as a licensed "Djent & Pro-Metal pack" user, may I get the new presets? (and how?)

Thanks. 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:20 PM, hernan93 said:

Thank you Mr. freemen.

Quick question here: as a licensed "Djent & Pro-Metal pack" user, may I get the new presets? (and how?)

Thanks. 

Hi ! You just need to download the zip file from the "Purchase history" section of my website. There's a new folder with the new versions. If you bought from marketplace, I didn't update the file yet, I need to send it to Line 6, I'll do that later today, when it'll be the morning in the West Coast, so it won't take them too much time to update. I'm at GMT +4 myself

I forgot to say : if the general tone is more aggressive, snapshot 2 of the normal presets and 3 of the dual presets still have less gain, for tight riffing. I'll use snapshot 1 for death metal riffs, and 2 or 3 for djent ;)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQdsvlSXaqU

My friend Xavier Pompon playing "Bhati", from his band Mobius second album, "Kala". I took the liberty to shortening the song (normal length is 6'56). Here he's playing on two presets from my Helix pack "Djent & Prog metal" : TDR Djent 13 (German Ubersonic model, left channel) and TDR Djent 3 (Line 6 Badonk model, right channel, the one recorded on camera). This pack have been redialed with firmware 3.11. The new version of the presets is more aggressive, with more gain and low end/high end. It has been tweaked with a Harley Benton Amarok 7 strings, upgraded with Fishman Fluence Javier Reyes signature pickups.

https://youtu.be/eQdsvlSXaqU

• 4 weeks later...

Almost three years after the final "Mauritian Tribute to Pink Floyd" show, I played all my guitar parts live in my studio (the original guitar track is muted in the live recording of my band), recording DI tracks that I reamped through my Line 6 Helix. Songs : 0:00 intro, 1:06 In the flesh, 4:21 Time, 11:24 Mother, 17:55 Have a cigar, 22:42 Us and them/Any color you like/Brain damage-Eclipse, 38:31 Money, 47:45 Marooned, 53:13 Echoes, 1:00:54 Run like hell, 1:06:38 Breathe, 1:10:31 Young lust, 1:14:23 On the turning away, 1:21:51 Shine on you crazy diamond, 1:35:15 Hey you, 1:40:03 High hopes, 1:47:43 The great gig in the sky, 1:52:35 The final cut, 1:58:11 Another brick in the wall pt 1/Happiest days of our life/Another brick in the wall pt 2, 2:06:39 Comfortably numb The presets pack has 4 more songs : Wish you were here, Goodbye blue sky, Dogs & Coming back to life. Previously, these presets were only available in my Helix "Big Pack". They’re now available in a standalone pack, in a new, improved version, for firmware 3.15 only. I re-dialed these presets to have a warmer/fatter distortion sound (I used a brand new IR for that), with less gain. I also fine tuned many effects, and used the new Dynamic Hall reverb.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys, I just released two new Amp Packs, for now only on my website :

Each pack has 16 presets, each with a different IR for the rhythm/crunch/lead snapshots, and each with 8 snapshots, plus a dual amp stereo preset.

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/line-6-helix-amp-pack-pv-vitriol/

Note that these packs are free for current owners of the Amp Pack Bundle ! Firmware compatibility : 3.60 and above

Also note that the following packs have been updated to include a few bonus presets made with firmware 3.60 : Big Pack, Big Pack Add-On, 2.30/2.50 pack, The Djent Pack, Classic Rock & Hard Rock.

• 2 months later...

My Tribute to Pink Floyd band just played two shows here in Mauritius, here's the best version of each song from both nights. That was during "Rockfest", a two nights event, which also featured four rock & metal bands from Madagascar. Rockfest was a Fremen Presets production ; each guitar and bass player from each band used presets I made, on the Line 6 Helix for the guitar player on the right side of the stage.

As far as I know, that was the first festival organized by a professional presets maker :)

[MEDIA=youtube]7lIrTPzJ8dE[/MEDIA]

More videos from the Malagasy bands soon !

• 2 weeks later...

More videos from the event ; as I said previously, the guitarist on the right side of the stage used my Helix and custom presets. I just added those presets to my 2.30/2.50 pack. I also played as a guest with Erica, using the Helix of course :