Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does Line 6 "really" Pay Attention To This Forum?

I think your poll is somewhat biased. There's a difference between does Line 6 monitor this forum, and does Line 6 monitor the concerns of this forum. Yes they monitor the forum. No, they don't worry about every issue that's raised here, since a lot of it is subjective.

how is a vote going to answer this?

it's not... I will....

Line6 support does not actively monitor the forum, unless the experts bring something to their attention.

SOME... Line6 product managers are active on the forum (primarily dboomer, in the wiireless and PA system forum areas)

• Upvote 2

how is a vote going to answer this?

it's not... I will....

Line6 support does not actively monitor the forum, unless the experts bring something to their attention.

SOME... Line6 product managers are active on the forum (primarily dboomer, in the wiireless and PA system forum areas)

Ok, that's my point, they DO NOT!  We can rant all we want!!  Unless you call or submit a ticket, draw yer own conclusion!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, that's my point, they DO NOT!  We can rant all we want!!  Unless you call or submit a ticket, draw yer own conclusion!

Can you explain to me why they should?

This is a support forum. People who come here are mostly people who come for support, not to discuss their opinions and views. Sure, there are people who do that, I do that, but that is a small percentage of the L6 product users that exist.

Those people exist massively outside this forum, hence why Line 6 shouldn't focus on this forum as feedback or to make any sort of business decisions.

It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Can you explain to me why they should?

This is a support forum. People who come here are mostly people who come for support, not to discuss their opinions and views. Sure, there are people who do that, I do that, but that is a small percentage of the L6 product users that exist.

Those people exist massively outside this forum, hence why Line 6 shouldn't focus on this forum as feedback or to make any sort of business decisions.

It's ridiculous.

So you're asking why they should really take serious a forum they are hosting?  Because there are legitimate concerns in real time that they can monitor and address without the dealer calling, especially after a firmware update.  The issues I've seen lately have merit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So you're asking why they should really take serious a forum they are hosting?  Because there are legitimate concerns in real time that they can monitor and address without the dealer calling, especially after a firmware update.  The issues I've seen lately have merit.

what's wrong with submitting a ticket or calling. i think you get more individual attention, especially if you call and actually talk with someone. you might have to wait but it was a satisfying experience for me when i spoke to someone.

• Upvote 2

they tried that... and people where upset because they didn't individually get attention...

now that a ticket or call is required, people get that personal attention....

but apparently we now get upset because the mob on the forum doesn't get attention.

they do not have unlimited resources,... put in a ticket requesting line6 presence on the forums...

or use the http://line6.ideascale.com/

if it's something that gets enough support, i'm sure they'll shift the resources they have around...

just remember, you'd probably be giving up the ability to call or put in a personal ticket...

or possibly increasing wait times for those to a week....

they can't be everywhere at once.

They can't focus on minor problems that might not be their fault.

If it is their fault, like Zap said, an expert can contact them about it to inform them.

They want the entire Line 6 user zeitgeist, not just a portion of the users who happen to decide to post on these forums.

There are means of which you can contact them directly about this type of stuff anyways.

• Upvote 1

One always has options on any forum site.

>1 Select a different topic from the forum menu

2 Start yer own topic3

3. Come on the site and call people names, ie," Whiners" or anything else that can be taken personally. NOT COOL! Flame elsewhere...

Come on the topic where people are discissing their problems

The level of whining on this forum is unbelievable.  I wonder if people are actually involved in making music because I don't see much getting posted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Line 6 should absolutely be engaging on these forums. Building a vibrant online community around any brand is tremendously important nowadays, and engaging directly with your customers as a part of that community is crucial to forming the real, human connections that are the point of the whole system. Look at what the guys at Fractal do - most users feel like they're literally on a first name basis with Cliff.

Or think of how you interact with companies on social media, a similar sort of community. Which company are you going to feel more positive and loyal towards - the one who just spams your feed with "10% Off" and banner ads, or the one that tweets you back directly when you complain to solve the problem? Nothing about community building is 'set and forget'. Granted, sometimes finding the resources to do it can be challenging, but the payoff for both the company and the customer is huge.

Beyond that, you also have to consider that this forum probably sucks in plenty of traffic from users simply googling questions about Line 6 products before they buy them. Try searching "variax custom tones". Including the sitelinks, the first five results ALL take you here. Are you really going to take pages with that kind of rank and power to influence customers and just ignore them?

• Upvote 1

Line 6 should absolutely be engaging on these forums. Building a vibrant online community around any brand is tremendously important nowadays, and engaging directly with your customers as a part of that community is crucial to forming the real, human connections that are the point of the whole system. Look at what the guys at Fractal do - most users feel like they're literally on a first name basis with Cliff.

Or think of how you interact with companies on social media, a similar sort of community. Which company are you going to feel more positive and loyal towards - the one who just spams your feed with "10% Off" and banner ads, or the one that tweets you back directly when you complain to solve the problem? Nothing about community building is 'set and forget'. Granted, sometimes finding the resources to do it can be challenging, but the payoff for both the company and the customer is huge.

Beyond that, you also have to consider that this forum probably sucks in plenty of traffic from users simply googling questions about Line 6 products before they buy them. Try searching "variax custom tones". Including the sitelinks, the first five results ALL take you here. Are you really going to take pages with that kind of rank and power to influence customers and just ignore them?

Thanks for that!  That was my point for starting this post. Many were helpful but look how many thumbs down resulted in this one post for my "reputation".  So silly.  My intent was directly for the support of forum individuals.

• Upvote 2

Look at what the guys at Fractal do - most users feel like they're literally on a first name basis with Cliff.

Fractal also only makes one product - two, I suppose if you count the foot controller. But, still, it's not quite a fair comparison. Their user base is a fraction of the size of Line 6's. I just think that for all of the different product lines Line 6 has and the size of the user base, it would be pretty hard for them to interact a lot on the forums.

• Upvote 1

It definitely takes a commitent to make that kind of thing work, no bones about it. But it really can be a lot easier to execute on that than most people think once you bake it into your customer service culture. I could drone on about such things, but that would waste valuable guitar playing time :)

Thanks for that!  That was my point for starting this post. Many were helpful but look how many thumbs down resulted in this one post for my "reputation".  So silly.  My intent was directly for the support of forum individuals.

Sorry to hear about all those thumbs down.  I don't think what you posted was inherently mean or abusive (what my protocol would be for the thumbs up/thumbs down system.  I personally don't participate since I've seen how nasty and personal this kind of thing has gotten in the past).  Musicians can be so emotional.  But, we probably wouldn't be musicians if we weren't.  There was a time when there was a Line 6 guy who monitored the posts (I can't remember his name, DOH!) when he could (he was an employee and this was not his main task) but I think to be more efficient, (plus he did get his share of abuse from time to time) they went to this system using "experts" and added the "suggestion box"  More efficient than having to sift over every post all the time.  And the Line 6 experts can tell them if anything really big is going on in the forums.  Keeps the Line 6 guy working on products and gives them a bunch of people (for free) to monitor the posts.  I think problems can actually get solved faster this way because, again, they don't have to sift through all the posts and can just cut through the bull and get to the problem or suggestion.  Although, as I've said before, I'll bet they peek in every now and then.  I don't think it's that big of a deal to click over to another web page and post your complaint/suggestion.  Then you know it's going directly to a Line 6 person.  And don't they directly respond to you?  (It's been awhile since I've done it).  At the very least I don't think it's going to change in the near future.  I see your point and it would be nice but this system has it's merits too.

apples and oranges

• Upvote 1

Don't sweat the rep thing... just hang around and participate it will take care of itself.

you seem to have good insight on a few instruments...

not everyone is going to agree with everything :)

Don't sweat the rep thing... just hang around and participate it will take care of itself.

you seem to have good insight on a few instruments...

not everyone is going to agree with everything :)

Thanks much.  I discovered an anomaly and created a ticket which is currently in "escalated" status. I hope it will result in another improvement with a future release.   I appreciate the attention I received from the Line 6 support and QA teams.

• Upvote 2

good to hear, what was the great discovery?

Thanks much.  I discovered an anomaly and created a ticket which is currently in "escalated" status. I hope it will result in another improvement with a future release.   I appreciate the attention I received from the Line 6 support and QA teams.

Customer service could be improved. This is not a complaint per se

but I have all 6 boxes checked in my email preferences but I've never

received a newsletter and I had to check here to find out about the updates. :huh:

I'm leary about the update and can only wonder if they're working on a patch. :blink:

Think I'll wait awhile and see what happens.

Looks like you're already back in the green! congrats :D