Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sick UX2 Dropout and Crackling Issue!

Hello there.

I'm a UX2 user like 5 years, which i've been gifted by my uncle in USA.

Once, i had not any problems, while i was using Windows 7 i suppose. Then in time, some problems started to occur. Biggest one was -and still is- that, all of a sudden sound is gone and i don't have any option but to restart my computer. Either playing a game or watching a video, listening to music, all of a sudden, bam! Sound is gone and nothing helps but a restart! And it also randomly happens again after a restart as well.

I started to have this problem in Windows 7, had in 8 and now in 10 it still happens. I did not change any computer part since then (cpu, mobo etc.)  Besides, i've not got a second problem, which freaks me out often. As before, during any playback, a loud "white noise-ish" distort occurs for a second or two, then playback continues. This happens quite randomly, sometimes twice in 10 seconds, sometimes once, sometimes never.

I've tried every driver i can, the oldest and the newest ones, tried changing the buffer sizes, buffer lengths, depths etc. 

What's more interesting is, this problems do not happen for two or three weeks, and the week after, it's an absolute nightmare! It's like, as if it has something to do with the days of the months! 

I do not overclock, my system is all stable and not overheated during even the hardest gaming sessions. 

I'm quite fed up with this problem. One day, i'll break the hell out of this device and post the images as an ultimate solution for the people who have such problems as well..

Please, i beg you; please help me!

Sounds like your ready to upgrade to one of the HD pods. The UX2 I had worked on Win 10 for me but I recently gave it to my nephew and I'm pretty sure he hasn't enven tried to hook it up, lol.

At any rate if you can't get it working just by using Line 6 Monkey to install the drivers and programs such as GearBox or PodFarm and have it working decently it would be time to think about a newer device that has less issues. I remember I had a similar problem like your describing and I went as far as to reinstall the firmware for it, uninstall the drivers, reinstall the drivers and reinstall the programs.

There's many things can cause a device like this to no work the way it was intended. I fiddled with the UX2 off and on for years and ended up saving up for an HD500. Huge difference for me.

I had a lot of fun with the UX2 though. Hope you get it working.

• 1 month later...

Hello there.

Once, i had not any problems, while i was using Windows 7 i suppose. Then in time, some problems started to occur. Biggest one was -and still is- that, all of a sudden sound is gone and i don't have any option but to restart my computer. Either playing a game or watching a video, listening to music, all of a sudden, bam! Sound is gone and nothing helps but a restart! And it also randomly happens again after a restart as well.

I started to have this problem in Windows 7, had in 8 and now in 10 it still happens. I did not change any computer part since then (cpu, mobo etc.)  Besides, i've not got a second problem, which freaks me out often. As before, during any playback, a loud "white noise-ish" distort occurs for a second or two, then playback continues. This happens quite randomly, sometimes twice in 10 seconds, sometimes once, sometimes never.

I've tried every driver i can, the oldest and the newest ones, tried changing the buffer sizes, buffer lengths, depths etc. 

What's more interesting is, this problems do not happen for two or three weeks, and the week after, it's an absolute nightmare! It's like, as if it has something to do with the days of the months! 

I do not overclock, my system is all stable and not overheated during even the hardest gaming sessions. 

I'm quite fed up with this problem. One day, i'll break the hell out of this device and post the images as an ultimate solution for the people who have such problems as well..

I have exactly the same problem.. Now I had to use the onboard sound device as an output

recording works fine, but now I need to make a video editing with voiceover tonite..

and I wont be able to use both audio devices with asio drivers  (downloading asio4all now) 

Let me ask you, is ur windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 or seven?

or is it a fresh install? warning!!!! it gets a lot worse after the last windows 10 anniversary update

We need to help each other

looks like the line6 guys wont give us any solution at all 

last updated driver is from may/16

But I'm glad this is also happening to other person

I thought it was a UX2 itself the one that was failing

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

This lollipop happens using my UX2 as well :/

I thought it's the cable because my UX2 was second hand and it hasn't got oiginal usb cable. But I've bought few and still the same.

You are using original cable, right?

Maybe win 10 is just lollipoped up in this matter or maybe some master knows the solution...

• 1 year later...

I know this post is ancient but I thought I would add my voice of displeasure. 

I've used the UX1 and UX2 for probably over a decade at this point and this has been a consistent problem across multiple versions of Windows (7, 8, and 10, at least), and across two entirely different systems. 

Without fail these systems will exhibit the exact issues you've described, entirely at random. Sometimes working well for weeks at a time, and then suddenly acting up out of nowhere over multiple resets. 

Most recently however, it has begun to cause even my own up to date system to Blue Screen now, after the device acts up as it does, on system startup. Blue Screens! Something I haven't seen in over a decade. Unacceptable!

This problem, lasting for this length of time, with absolutely no word from the developers, now causing Blue Screens on Startup has been the last straw. 

The Drivers for this thing are absolute lollipop, and always have been. This problem should not be reported by this many users with no response for this long. 

I am completely done with any and all Line 6 Software and Hardware. I will definitely not be purchasing any Hardware from this company ever again. My only regret was thinking 5 years ago that upgrading to the UX2 would be a good idea. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 3:26 PM, slammer88 said:

Hello there.

I was having the exact same problem of intermittent white noise kinda sound after I updated to the recent drivers for UX2 v4.2.7.7. When I downgrade to the driver v4.2.7.6 the problem seems to go away. I opened a support ticket regarding this but didn't got a satisfactory reply from line6. I've been using UX2 from the year 2003 without any problems with win7. Now I have upgraded to win10 and was fine till the previous driver version. (Dont update to the latest driver version. Keep at v4.2.7.6) 

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have a UX2 and it worked fine on a  PC with Windows 10 but after some month I faced with the same problem you described. I suppose it's beacause of a video capture software that probabily changed my audio setup. Anyway I solved under preferences->Hardware->ToneDirect settings and I increased the buffer from low to medium.  I hope it can help you.

• 1 year later...