Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple FX in one patch??

pauljones699

Hi guys only had me firehawk fx for a week, just getting used to it!

Quick one...on my M9 I could make any switch any fx, maybe 5 delays or 3 reverbs and 3 delays etc...

I have a song which has a constant reverb on throughout then in the chorus I need a big reverb 'effect' for a part. Is it possible on this unit to make FS5 and FS4 say both reverbs?

Any help? I'm struggling so far with this!

Cheers

Firehawk FX has limited flexibility in its signal chain and FX assignment. In particular there can only be one Reverb type FX per patch.

The details are contained in the Remote Application section of the user manual. The highlights are here:

C. Signal Flow Pane - Each icon button represents a Processing Block and shows the routing order and bypass state of all e ects for your current tone. Tap on any Block here to select it and the Block's options are displayed within the Inspector Pane below.

D. ProcessingBlocks - Each of the several Block types offers its own properties and functions. Many Blocks are moveable within the signal chain, as indicated below. To move a Block, press, hold and drag the Block left/right in the signal chain - vertical line indicators show all available locations where you can "drop" the Block.

• VariaxInputBlock-ProvidesoptionsforaLine6Variaxguitar.See the following Using a Line 6 Variax section.

• Standard Blocks - The Amp & Cab Block contains your choice of Amp & Cab models, and the others include a " xed" e ect (Comp and Gate). Standard Blocks cannot be moved.

• FX Blocks - Contain a dedicated e ect type (Volume, Wah & Reverb) and have some moveability.

• Flex FX Blocks - Can change the FX type they contain (Stomp, Mod, Delay or Pitch/Synth) and have more exible routing capabilities.

• Looper Block - Displays its Volume and EQ parameters below. The Looper can also be assigned to any one of the FS1-FS5 footswitches and can be moved to either the start or end of the signal chain - see the Using the Looper section for details.

Hi Paul,

There is an easy workaround : you just define a second patch beside the first one, with exactly the same setup except for the reverb. It produces exactly the result you are looking for (if I clearly understood your question... :ph34r: )

Bernard

Hi Paul,

There is an easy workaround : you just define a second patch beside the first one, with exactly the same setup except for the reverb. It produces exactly the result you are looking for (if I clearly understood your question... :ph34r: )

Bernard

I agree with this approach. I rarely need more than 2 patches per song, so I do what Bernard does. Not ideal, but in practice it's good enough.

Me too. I have never missed the capability to have two reverb blocks in sequence. I just make a rhythm patch with a moderate amount of reverb and then create a lead patch with a higher reverb mix level, choose a larger reverb type, or bump some other reverb parameters to make the effect more prominent.