Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Not working after computer wakes up

ouduka16

Almost every single time that I wake up my computer from sleep, then turn on my pod, I cannot play any sound from it. In my DAW, I cannot select any of the inputs, and cannot play anything back. The device is recognized by my computer, but L6 Monkey does not recognize that it is connected. The only way to get it working again is to restart my computer all together. I've already checked to make sure that the drivers are up to date. How can I fix this?

• Downvote 1

Not at all uncommon for USB interfaces (not just the POD) to need to be restarted (or the computer rebooted) after sleep or, for that matter, after long periods of inactivity. I've tried most every computer optimizing scheme out there, it still happens, seemingly randomly in the case of periods of inactivity. One thing ALL of the optimizing schemes say, DON'T allow sleep mode, and make sure that the USB hub (in Device Manager/USB Root Hub/Properties/Power Mangagement if you're using Windows) doesn't allow the hub to shut down "To Save Power".

Here's a windows 7 guide for troubleshooting usb issues after sleep - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/953367

I guess I should have mentioned that I just upgraded to windows 10 from 8, but thanks anyway. I uninstalled went to the device manager and uninstalled the driver from there, then installed w/ L6 Monkey. I also changed the USB hub setting. Seems to be working so far, but we'll see. I don't think windows 10 likes the driver because it was also causing an annoying driver-related BSOD. Never had that when I was using windows 8.

My Win10 box has no problem with the driver, nor does my laptop. Have you got all the latest Win10 patches installed?

When I went to Win10 from 8.1, I had all sorts of problems until I wiped the HD, did a clean install of 8, patched it, then went to 8.1, patched it, THEN went to 10, patched it, THEN reinstalled my applications. This was on my newish i5 laptop. My ancient diy Core2 Duo upgraded perfectly first try. Go figure!