Sign in to follow this  
khawkins75

Spider IV 75 Flash Update - Error opening MIDI ports

Hi - I'm trying to apply the flash memory update to my Spider IV 75 using Line6 Monkey, but after accepting the license agreement, I keep getting an error saying:  "Error opening MIDI ports.  (Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a respose."

I'm using a PC with Windows 7, and connecting through an FBV Shortboard MKII.

This is my first time connecting my amp to a computer.  Any help is appreciated.

I've tried every USB port on two laptops, both running Win 7.  On one, I have two ports that Spider Monkey will recognize both my amp and the FBV, but I get the same error.  The third port only recognized the FBV.  On my second laptop, Spider Monkey won't recognize any device.

The drivers show installed when I plug in the USB cable, so not sure what's going on.  Here's the process I'm following:

Amp is connected to FBV.  Turn off amp.  Connect FBV to my computer.  After the USB driver installs, turn on the amp.  Launch Line6 Monkey.

Thanks!

Never mind, I finally got it to work.  Had to reboot several times, and it still only works on one of the three USB ports on my laptop.  Strange, but I'll take it.