Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vetta HD with Roland FCB300

Jonnyliszka

Hi guys,

Is there any way I can use a Roland fcb300 midi controller with a vetta hd head or am I going to have to sell it and get the FBV instead? I've tried playing about with it but I'm getting no response from the head when trying to assign channels to the footboard

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Is there any way I can use a Roland fcb300 midi controller with a vetta hd head or am I going to have to sell it and get the FBV instead? I've tried playing about with it but I'm getting no response from the head when trying to assign channels to the footboard

Thanks!

My guess is no. Line 6's MIDI implementation is somewhat finicky and pretty much limited to computer and amp stuff like firmware upgrades and saving and swapping patches and then only when using a M Audio Uno cable. The Vetta is more of a straight forward modeling amp than any sort of MIDI machine.  Maybe use the amp as just a plain Jane straight amp at the end and go with some more Roland gear in front for your effects and better midi compatibility. That is unless you can find a FBV floorboard for cheap somewhere and use the amps internal models and effects. 

I think you're right, an FBV shortboard is probably looking like the way to go. I only wanted something to switch between some of the preloaded effects, but i begrudge paying out on the expression pedal for (from what I've seen) only 4 channels and no banks. I had the FCB hanging from when I used to have the behringer V-amp. What a waste of money that was! Thought I might be able to save some pennies and not have to fork out again, oh well! Thanks for the reply bud.

I think you might be confused about the FBV. I have the long board, you can select all the banks by selecting bank up and down and then channels A,B,C and D within each bank. That is unless you're talking about the FBV4 which just has for push buttons but I don't know how many if any of those were sold.

If you haven't any floorboard at all try to find and buy a longboard as it has two pedals and a maybe a few more switches than the shortboard has.

One note, be aware that by default the pedals are off in each patch so you have to press the toe switch (press hard) then save the patch for the expression pedal to be active the next time you dial up that patch. Do this for each pedal in each patch. It's a gotcha that catches most folks unaware as it did me with I first got the board.

The expression pedals can be configured in each patch to do more than just wha and volume.  You can use them to vary effects parameters like depths, delays, speeds, fades etc. 

I suggest consult the Line-6 MIDI Continuous Controller Reference -  for details on what you can control on Vetta using standard MIDI CC# messages from any MIDI controller  

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06000f1344c45ecbcd6e0293/application/pdf/MIDI%20Continuous%20Controller%20Reference%20

Thanks lollipop, I actually meant the express pedal, not expression hence the comment about only 4 channels. I ended up buying a pre owned mk1 shortboard. However when I plug it in I get no backlight and the display only reads line 6, i get no lights and have only very basic function to switch between banks, channels and tuner. I will try a different cat5 cable just in case there is an issue with that first otherwise I'm worried I may have bought a dud unit. Not a great start!