Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch 5 - bug or defective unit?

Nimbas

I noticed playing this afternoon that footswitch 5 (the one next to mode that is normally assigned to looper) would react as it had been touch selected when I stepped on it with my foot.  Even if I step on it quite quickly it asks me to assign whatever block you are on as bypass.  None of the others seem to do this.

I can hit it really fast with my finger and it does the same thing.  

I'm on the latest firmware.  I just reloaded the firmware and did a global reset.  Can anyone confirm for me this is not a bug?  If not I guess I need to arrange an RMA...

I noticed playing this afternoon that footswitch 5 (the one next to mode that is normally assigned to looper) would react as it had been touch selected when I stepped on it with my foot.  Even if I step on it quite quickly it asks me to assign whatever block you are on as bypass.  None of the others seem to do this.

I can hit it really fast with my finger and it does the same thing.  

I'm on the latest firmware.  I just reloaded the firmware and did a global reset.  Can anyone confirm for me this is not a bug?  If not I guess I need to arrange an RMA...

Assuming you are not barefoot when you are pushing the footswitch this should not be happening.  I would try re-flashing the firmware and doing the global reset again. If that does not help you may want to contact L6 support.

I would definitely not rule out "bug".  I've had weird things happen with my tap/tuner footswitch where the Helix wouldn't stay in tuner mode unless I kept holding down on the footswitch (like it was set to momentary mode rather than latch).  It had all the symptoms of a hardware issue but I held off on doing anything about it.  The problem went away with an update.  Problem came back again later with another update and then went away again with yet another.  Haven't had a problem since and it's been a while now.  Still could be a bad switch I guess but it's been my experience that wonky footswitches don't wait for weeks to make changes in their behavior.