Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with G10 and Ibanez JEM77P

talonmm

Well I ordered what I thought would work fine from ebay  in allowing me to play an Ibanez JEM77P guitar with the wireless g10 since the G10 does not quite fit properly into the guitar cavity  (here's the link)....  http://www.ebay.com/itm/400667246204?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The item I ordered was a Stereo 6.35mm Female Socket to Male Mono ¼" Guitar 6.35mm Jack Plug Adapter.  The adapter worked but very poorly.  It added for lack of a better word, overdrive on clean sounds, and I believe the volume suffered and was coming in and out.

The size and footprint are perfect.  Can anyone recommend a better adapter solution?

thanks!

post-1870509-0-10679600-1470926185_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I found a workaround on the transmitter not fitting into the guitar input. I have a Ibanez S series with the recessed 1/4" plug. I removed the back plate lossened the jack and placed a 1/4" thick by 3/4" diameter rubber washer on the outside of the jack. This gave plenty of room for the G10 transmitter to connect.

post-251227-0-78898200-1476287242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I found a workaround on the transmitter not fitting into the guitar input. I have a Ibanez S series with the recessed 1/4" plug. I removed the back plate lossened the jack and placed a 1/4" thick by 3/4" diameter rubber washer on the outside of the jack. This gave plenty of room for the G10 transmitter to connect.

Can you post a picture of inside the back plate where you placed the washer? This is genius!

Can you post a picture of inside the back plate where you placed the washer? This is genius!

I just loosened the jack and I sliced one end of the rubber washer to where I could slide it over the jack. I then retightened the jack and that's was all. It just pushed the jack end out enough to where the G10 transmitter would fit correctly.

post-251227-0-37699200-1484669345_thumb.jpg

post-251227-0-02446800-1484669433_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, Jaret said:

I did the same thing with a couple of #10 rubber o-rings from the plumbing isle at home depot.  It took me longer to remove and replace the back plate than it did to do the fix.  Thanks for the idea.  Genius.  I was really worried about dinging up the wood around the area, and this fix actually gives me clearance.

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 7:31 AM, KuRiXY said:

Exactly, you just bought the opposite, you need mono to stereo or mono to mono :)

But not stereo->whatever, or the unit will think it is charging :)

When you said mono to stereo are you saying 1/4" mono male to 1/4' stereo female?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, ozmo said:

Thanks @crm3550 and @jmartin1997!! I bought a box of #10 o-rings from the plumbing isle at Home Depot, and followed your steps. It worked perfectly! Here's some reference pics for anyone else wondering.

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6906.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

Brilliant Idea, thanks for the detailed Pics. I'm going to look at trying that on my JEM77FP.

• 7 months later...
On 10/12/2016 at 4:46 PM, crm3550 said:

post-251227-0-78898200-1476287242_thumb.jpg

Absolutely brilliant.

I was concerned with this because I wanted to buy an Ibanez 224AZ and I didn't think the G10 transmitter would fit in the guitar. So after seeing your post I went to the shop to try the guitar. We checked it with a Boss WL transmitter that didn't fit either.

I got the guitar, bought some rings and... Perfect. I can't figure a better solution. I just needed one ring (maybe I'll put one more).

It works with both G10 and WL.

Thank you very much!