Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix test thread

Line6Tony

I hazard to say that the Line 6 Helix will shock any purist, inspiring the inner fire of their soul to burn them to make them realize that there is no limit to creating the tone of their dreams.

Yep, the biggest challenge on the Helix right now is narrowing down the infinite possibilities. Too bad getting the talent of my dreams requires all that pesky practice but at least I have the Helix to help out with the tone part of the equation  :P

• Upvote 1

...the biggest challenge on the Helix right now is narrowing down the infinite possibilities...

That is a fact! After updating to 2.0 I spent a lot of time just staring at the Helix, trying to figure out where to start. Paralysis by analysis!

Yep, the biggest challenge on the Helix right now is narrowing down the infinite possibilities.

Lol. But what does this mean when you have infinite possibilities for musical compositions and for tones when using Helix? Does narrowing the infinite possibilities sprouting from Helix even matter? And how long does it take to narrow infinite possibilities? Aren't you still always left with infinite possibilities? Maybe that's where the peyote comes in. To help solve the impossible...

92.gif

(with apologies to Robert Frost)

Whose tones these are I think I know

The default range from the flow

I think I will run through them all

The ear knows best to set a trawl

My little axe must think it queer

To take a break, no ale near

Between Jimi and Randy Rhodes

Lies a sound my ear decodes

It sings like Knopfler, I might wish

Yet from my fingers - roughish

The only other sound’s the sweep

Of flange and phase and filter deep

The sounds are lovely, dark and fey

But I have gigs yet to play

And tones to make before I sleep

And tones to make before I sleep

• Upvote 1

Yep, the biggest challenge on the Helix right now is narrowing down the infinite possibilities.

Does narrowing the infinite possibilities sprouting from Helix even matter? And how long does it take to narrow infinite possibilities? Aren't you still always left with infinite possibilities? Maybe that's where the peyote comes in. To help solve the impossible...

My guess is, Line 6 must have stolen the Infinite Improbability Drive from the Starship Heart of Gold and that's what is inside this black box.

Infinite Improbability Drive - YouTube

Well, it's as good a theory as the others - now, where did I leave those mushroooooooooooooooms! -:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:--:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:--:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-

Yep, the biggest challenge on the Helix right now is narrowing down the infinite possibilities. Too bad getting the talent of my dreams requires all that pesky practice but at least I have the Helix to help out with the tone part of the equation :P

+1 HonestOpinion made me think back to getting "THE" tone out of my various amps over the years. I forgot that it took many months of tweaking, adding pedals, changing pedal locations, removing pedals, etc. And that is per amp which I have had many. That is the path to getting a setting or set of settings that eventually became something my ears like and apparently the people who heard me then and hear me now. Practicing 3 to 4 hours on the road daily also helped out over 18 years.

POINT: I guess taking a few months to get something that matches my quest may not really that bad in the end-all. :lol: And having the ability to create signal paths using various amps, FXs, etc is a great plus. B)

Dennis

• Upvote 1

I would like to see Line 6 Helix or other device model fire, smoke, lightning shock and other hazards for the ultimate show. Shred so hard til something explodes!

The optional Helix "Spinal Tap" pyrotechnic edition. Make sure to provide your drummer with adequate protective gear.