Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assign footswitch only

pwnettle

This is probably a simple question but I feel like I'm going insane here.

How can I assign an effect to a footswitch to just toggle it on and off?

I can't seem to do this anymore and I know I did it before.

When I hit menu the only option I have is assign controller and it forces a parameter to be involved, which I don't want, I just want to toggle on/off.

I though maybe there was a limit to # of footswiches per patch (I have unassigned footswitches, of course) but even if I remove something it's the same thing.

I also can't seem to edit existing footswitch assignments without it going into assign controller mode over top of existing - so I can't edit names of footswitches.

I've been trying to find a workaround for this as well. I have the "touch" feature turned off because it creates problems for me. I haven't yet figured out how to assign "on/off" any other way, so I've just been turning it on, making the assignment, and turning it back off. Not a big deal, but it sure would be nice if "bypass" or "status" could be a parameter in the menu.

navigate your joystick to where it highlights the effect you want to assign.

Now, TOUCH (with your finger) but do not PRESS the footswitch you want to assign to it.

Click OK.

Done.

Thanks - this isn't how I've done it in the past but it did work.  And by doing that, I figured out what I was missing in the menu.  And either the wording changed with a firmware update (I went from 1.06 to 2.01 finally a few days ago) or I *am* getting senile in my old age (more likely), but the way to do it via menu is to select "bypass assign" - and this lets you edit existing footswitch assignments.  My brain was really wanting that function to say something like "assign footswitch" and was completely disregarding it.

Anyways.  Mission accomplished - thanks for the replies.