Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI Implemention/Command Center

TLF2007

Just a comment to Line6 that the implementation of the Command Center works really well. I bought the Helx to be used as a simultaneous bass and guitar rig for gigging and it does this extremely well already. Planned downtime to breath means I get to mess with the thing at a higher level. And yesterday, after months of owning it, I stumbled upon a pre-made MIDI template from the firmware and decided to mess around with MIDI note on control for a synth module. I as blown away as to how simple it was to set it up. These types of things from years past could be flaky at best. My mind is racing with how to incorporate this into one of the next gigs just for some occasional sample triggering. Great piece of gear that continues to inspire...

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with controlling an Ipad with the Helix with a USB to Lightning connection kit? Should work...I already have an Ipad on stage for sample triggers and trying to keep things light so would rather not throw a USB / Midi hub to the helix and to the Ipad yada yada if I don't have to. But if I can get that to work, I wouldn't need to keep the Ipad so close stage left / keep it in the backline more.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2016 at 9:58 AM, Digital_Igloo said:

Yep—works great, but the latency isn't ideal. Perfect for synth pads or bass parts without notable transients.

Any idea on when (if ever) the latency on sending notes might be fixed?  Maybe it has already;  I only ever tried using the MIDI notes on the Helix once to trigger some samples in MainStage 3... ideally they would have synced up with the click the band was playing with if I hit the button relatively near on beat, but sending the MIDI note from the Helix didn’t work too well.  Funny enough, sending the MIDI note from my FCB1010 worked flawlessly and that signal passed through the Helix on its way to the laptop...  so I’ve settled with that routing ever since.  I’d love to one day have the Helix be my sole controller for both sounds and MIDI :-)